Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Bridesmaid Dresses

Amanda, on June 10, 2021 at 11:03

Posted in Wedding fashion 48

Hey everyone! What color are you picking out for your bridesmaid to wear? Do you have a certain style that you're wanting them to wear or are they able to pick out what they want? Every body shape is different and not everyone is going to look the and feel confident in the same style of dress. Where...

Hey everyone!

What color are you picking out for your bridesmaid to wear?

Do you have a certain style that you're wanting them to wear or are they able to pick out what they want?

Every body shape is different and not everyone is going to look the and feel confident in the same style of dress.

Where are you planning on getting your dresses from?!

Every city has something different to offer in regards to style at bridal stores. Or are you going the route of buying online?

When my MOH and I were discussion what she was going to wear for my big day (I only have her standing up for me) she suggested since it's probably going to be around 30-35 degrees out, she wanted something long and flowy so she can breathe a bit and not feel so hot. Since I had picked out my fiance and I color's already we knew that we were looking for something navy in color. So I started looking online to see what was out there. Everything that I had found was very plain and didn't have any details. I work for Laura Canada and we had this one dress come in one day and I just knew when I had seen it, it was the dress! I sent a picture to her right away and she absolutely agreed with me. It has just the right amount of detail around the waist and neckline and goes so well where I'm having my wedding (Winery)

cfb_67691.jpg

48 Comments

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You knooooow! Hahaha
    Like why they think they need to be too sexy than us… Hahaha! Thank you Megan, I need it. Good luck too!

When should I confirm that they have the dresses by? As our wedding is early October?
  • Megan
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Talk about a Jessica rabbit sexy style Dress HAHA my sister sent me a similar one to this one for her Bridesmaid dress too and I just politely told her I liked the other options she sent WAYYYYY better hahahaha. Good luck! Smiley smile

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no, this is the other sister as a bridesmaid. Hahaha. My other sister is very understanding who’s my MOH. Thank you for that. Yes, I am communicating with my cousin and fiancé’s cousin (the other two bridesmaid) to get this dress and either the other gets on board or not. Hahaha
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's crazy that she decided to not talk to you for a bit over a dress. If my MOH did that I would have to rethink things but maybe once she has some time to think things over, your bridesmaid might come to terms about the dress choice.

That dress you chose is beautiful in my opinion and would be a great bridesmaid dress!

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Tell me about it!! My other sister and I were shook. We told her that and she was annoyed at my sister (MOH and my part-time wedding planner 😂) brought it to her attention that it’s not a good option.

We even told her that she needs to understand it’s my wedding and not hers. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I was so close to booting her out of the bridal squad. Haha. But I had to just take it easy and try to find options. She decided to not talk to me for a bit after I told them to go ahead and get another dress that I choose that she doesn’t like.
    Bridesmaid Dresses 1
    Bridesmaid Dresses 2

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG! I can't believe that she would pick something like that!! That's defiantly not bridesmaids material. You don't want your bridesmaids to shine more then you!! If she doesn't like anything that you've picked, she needs to understand that it's your wedding and it's not hers haha

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Amanda,
    Good question!

The colour dress is Burgundy with gold heels.
    I gave my bridesmaid the choice to choose their dresses. I gave them some options, but they are so picky. Well mainly my two sisters (one is the MOH and the other the bridesmaid). So for a period, they were selecting dresses and my BM sister decided to choose this dress… XXXXXCUSE me! Too sexy and with a train, ammm, no. So I’m looking into other options again and she doesn’t like the others I choose while my cousin and fiancé’s cousin are fine with the choice. So I told them to get it. Bridesmaid Dresses 3
    On the other hand, my MOH is choosing her own dress, I wanted her to wear gold since my colour theme is gold, burgundy and greenery. However, she said it would be too busy. 🤷🏽‍♀️ She will wear burgundy but a different style. I will wait by the beginning/month end of July to confirm their choices.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! In person it's actually a little bit lighter than I wanted but I love the dress so much im okay with the colour not being exactly what I want! The back is my favorite!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a beautiful color. I love the back of the dress Smiley heart

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As of right now I am planning on using this dress for all of my bridesmaids! In blushing pink!
    Bridesmaid Dresses 4
    Bridesmaid Dresses 5
    I personally like the look of the bridesmaids being in the same dress. I was open to the idea of different dresses if they didn't agree on 1 dress. I also discussed budget with all of them individually before picking a dress.

I saw this dress and I fell in love with it! It had the simplicity I wanted with a little lace! I showed it to all my bridesmaids individually and they all loved it and said they could see themselves wearing it and being comfortable in it!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're very welcome! I didn't go and check out the bridal boutique but I've always heard that it's a beautiful store

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Silver is a lovely color.

OMG that's too funny! I hope she was able to find one and not get her boyfriend to pick one out again lol

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a colour and that's silver but we weren't fussy about it (like some variation of grey is also acceptable, we weren't demanding the dress be all super shiny and satin). Girls were able to pick their own dress based on their budget. Fiancee did suggest all long formal dresses (not that we hate short dresses, but the original idea was for a winter wedding and we wanted them to have the option to wear warm and clunky winter boots that may not look so nice in a formal setting during pictures. Most of them got it off Azazie with one buying it off someone second hand.

Funny story, one bridesmaid let her boyfriend pick a dress and she didn't realize how low cut it would be on her (the model on the site was not her shape/frame and didn't show much). There was so much cleavage when she tried it on and though we didn't have a problem with it, she was so uncomfortable with it that she refunded it and got another one. That's what you get for letting your boyfriend pick a dress, I guess lol. And he's South American too so he didn't have the same reservations about modesty that we North Americans have.
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do live in Edmonton - and it is part of my list of places I want to check out. Thank you for the suggestion. I am actually obsessed with a dress that is only available in one store in all of Edmonton which is at the bridal boutique. But I will definitely check it out for bridesmaid dresses and mother of the groom and bride.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love burgundy color dresses Smiley heart That is so true every body type is different and some dress styles aren't going to be flattering on every women.

When you do start shopping for dresses, I see your profile says your getting married in Edmonton. Do you live there as well?! If so, check out Mina's Bridal & Prom in West Ed. I bought my wedding dress from them and the service was amazing. They carry so many different styles of bridesmaid dresses as well not just prom and wedding dresses. If they don't have the color in stock but you like that dress, they are more then likely able to bring that color in for you!

• Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So our wedding is in the winter - December 3, 2022 and our colors are Navy Blue, Burgundy, Blush Pink, White and Gold. We want the main colors to be the navy blue and burgundy so the groomsmen are wearing Navy Blue and we have decided the the bridal party will be wearing Burgundy. After talking to my MOH and bridesmaid (I only have 2 standing up there with me), I realized how different styles they have and what one feels comfortable in the other may not. So we have decided to go to bridal stores and try on the 100s of different styles they have and if they can both find one they like in the burgundy color, they can go ahead and wear that one. The only favor I asked of them is to try and not pick something that screams summer since my wedding is in the winter - so I would prefer something with sleeves and long.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics