Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Bridesmaid Dresses

Amanda, on June 10, 2021 at 11:03 Posted in Wedding fashion 1 48

Hey everyone!

What color are you picking out for your bridesmaid to wear?

Do you have a certain style that you're wanting them to wear or are they able to pick out what they want?

Every body shape is different and not everyone is going to look the and feel confident in the same style of dress.

Where are you planning on getting your dresses from?!

Every city has something different to offer in regards to style at bridal stores. Or are you going the route of buying online?

When my MOH and I were discussion what she was going to wear for my big day (I only have her standing up for me) she suggested since it's probably going to be around 30-35 degrees out, she wanted something long and flowy so she can breathe a bit and not feel so hot. Since I had picked out my fiance and I color's already we knew that we were looking for something navy in color. So I started looking online to see what was out there. Everything that I had found was very plain and didn't have any details. I work for Laura Canada and we had this one dress come in one day and I just knew when I had seen it, it was the dress! I sent a picture to her right away and she absolutely agreed with me. It has just the right amount of detail around the waist and neckline and goes so well where I'm having my wedding (Winery)

Bridesmaid Dresses 1

48 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 7, 2021 at 23:38
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love the black and white theme!! Smiley heart

• C
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Carrie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our colors are black and white. I have my MOH and two bridemaids there are all different size and body sizes. I picked that they wear black with some white or even get a black dress and get white shawl or sash. I'm having them pick the dress they are comfortable in.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh those look so familiar as I’ve seen them. Hahahaha. But they are so lovely and beautiful! My sister (one BM) is a brat and picky!!!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah that’s amazing! Good for them and you Gurl!!!! 👏🏾👏🏾 I was looking at a lovey gold shoes that Le Chateau had but we were on lockdown and malls just opened yesterday. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Yeah, let me know if they did pay duty and taxes.
  • Gift
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bridesmaid Dresses 2
    Bridesmaid Dresses 3

First dress - Le Chateau
    Second dress - David’s Bridal
  • Gift
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Apparently they got theirs from different stores lol. I have 2 bridesmaids and 1 MOH. One from David’s bridal, Le chateau (Final sale, last one in stock. She was so lucky) and the third JJsHouse (I am not sure if she had to pay duty and taxes but I’d clarify).
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nooooo way!!!!
    Can you please share them if you don’t mind. Haha. I have been looking on David’s bridal but couldn’t find any. JJHouse made my BMs paused since the shooing was hefty and they were not about that life. Hahaha

Also, did they pay duty and taxes on the JJHouse order?
  • Gift
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    David’s bridal and one got hers from JJsHouse and you couldn’t tell they were from different stores haha. Nice!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where did you find your burgundy dresses from for the BM Gift??
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love burgundy!! That is so true! Every body shape is different and not everyone will look great in the same dress

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love navy blue! That's why I picked navy as well lol That is so true! Every body shape is different and not everyone will look great in the same dress

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome to hear! Burgundy is a great color! I can't wait to see pictures of what they've chosen Smiley heart

• Gift
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids will be wearing burgundy but different styles as they have different body shapes. I need them to rock a style that suits them and makes them feel comfortable 😊
  • Meghan
    Newbie October 2021 Quebec
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've opted for navy blue--given the groomsmen will be in a charcoal/light grey combo. We went to a local Montreal dress shop called 1861 (https://1861.ca/) and the bridesmaids each picked out a dress they liked, in the same shade of dark/navy blue. They're all different sizes/shapes but equally beautiful, we just wanted them to be comfortable in the dress Smiley smile

• Anna
    Newbie May 2022 Manitoba
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids are all VERY different shapes and sizes, from plus size to an 11-year-old junior bridesmaid. They also all live in different places. So I picked an online store they could all have equal access to, and told them to get whatever they wanted from there as long as it's burgundy and floor-length. I figure the same length and colour will give it a cohesive look, and if they're able to choose the style they should all feel good in what they're wearing. Win/win, in my book.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree! My MOH did so good with her wedding colors! There was also touches of gold at the reception
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

All of those colors together look amazing!

• Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I went to a wedding that had burgundy/wine dresses and the groomsmen had navy suits. Those colours go so well together and look so good. I'd consider that colour for bridesmaids dresses if I had a fall or winter wedding
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely helps! I actually surprised me how well the colours all went together!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! It's nice to actually see what the colours would look like rather than just trying to visualize it
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bridesmaid Dresses 4

Bridesmaid Dresses 5
    Here's a couple pics!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much Kelsey!
    She is just one of the picky ones along with my other sister the MOH. They are my two picky sisters. Hahahaha. But I was trying to find other options and now she said that this one I choose was better than the latest one I show. Hahaha. Just picky ladies!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Blue is a wonderful color to choose! I love different styles of dresses for the bridesmaids. It's really in these days.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My friend did dusty blue and a lilac or lavender for her wedding in 2018 and it actually looked so good! I'll see if I can find some pics+
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We havent settled on wedding party colours yet. But I'm leaning towards a colour palette of dusty blue, light sky blue, mauve/lavender. Or maybe just shades of blue. I wouldn't mind if they were all different colours within this scheme. My FH thinks it will "look funny" and mismatched, he doesn't understand that's the trend now and it looks good when dresses aren't all cookie cutter. I'm going to let them all pick whatever style they want, but just specify that I'd like it to be long dresses.
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The burgundy option that you chose is so pretty, how does she not like it?? Lol
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm crossing my fingers for you!

• Jasmine
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes its very pretty and i hope it will look right when they buy and i see it in person!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love the dress! Personally love the top of it Smiley heart

• Jasmine
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I pick this blushing pink dress for my bridesmaid from azazie

https://www.azazie.ca/products/azazie-marie-bridesmaid-dress?color=blushing-pink

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh okay nice.
    Thank you so much for your response. I will following that timeline. 😁
  • Megan
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know!! hahahaha.

I confirmed that everyone ordered theirs by mid May for my August wedding. I am only waiting for 1 more bridesmaid dress to come in, gives them time to go for alterations. For your wedding in October I would say ensure they have ordered Mid - End July, get them by end of August/beginning of September ! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics