Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Devoted November 2019 Quebec

Bridesmaid Colour

Rebecca, on June 2, 2019 at 14:18 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6

I got engaged in March and my Fiancé and I want to marry this November. We agreed our colors would be Burgundy, Navy and Burnt Orange, nice dark fall colors and incorporates our favorite colors. I had really wanted my bridesmaids in Burgundy however when I went shopping for my dress the one I want is called "Ivory stone" but looks like it has a pink hew to it. Now I'm worried the burgundy will not be as nice. This is the dress (I know color may vary but maybe you guys will get the idea).

I was thinking about changing the bridesmaids dresses to Navy, but then they would match the tablecloths, if I change the table cloths to burgundy then I don't feel the orange napkins will look as good lol. I just want an opinion. I'm trying not to let it bother me but it really is.

Did anyone else have issues like this??

6 Comments

Latest activity by Cliodhna, on June 7, 2019 at 04:22
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rebecca!

Welcome to the WeddingWire community!

Firstly, that dress is gorgeous!

I personally don't think the burgundy would look bad with it.

I love Stephanies suggestion of bringing a bridesmaid to a fitting and having her try on a burgundy dress and standing next to you. At least then you can visually see it and confidentially make a decision on how to move forward Smiley smile

Is this possible?

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm still thinking about it but I'm looking towards a more colorful bouquet with sunflowers and blue and burgundy flowers. I also like Casey's Idea of adding blush or a lighter color to the bouquet so maybe that as well.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would stick with the burgundy. It will look so pretty next to a pinkish hue. They are opposite shades of red so they will go nicely and not clash or anything. Very monochromatic.

oth colours will likely be in your bouquets as well?
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I say that the burgundy dresses would look lovely next to your dress. I think the navy would be a bit off so I wouldn't do that. Burgundy seems like it would look nice but perhaps try going back and taking a swatch with you if you can?

Lovely dress though!!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am pretty much doing the same colours, instead of orange we are doing gold.
    If your dress has a little bit of pink to it, I don’t think it will look that bad. We have blush flowers in the bridesmaids bouquets to go with their burgundy dresses.
    I agree with Stephanie. Try on your dress with someone in burgundy, and then maybe someone in navy and see which one you like better. This way you can picture it before making any linen changes
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would suggest going back, trying on your dress again and have a bridesmaid or two try on a burgundy dress and stand beside you and see how it looks. I’m a very visual person so would want to see how it looks together.
    If you do switch to navy, I think you would only have to change the tablecloth on the head table (if you’re having one) but the rest can stay navy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics