Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Curious May 2018 New Brunswick

Bridesmaid can't make Rehearsal???

Brittany, on November 29, 2017 at 11:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

So one of my bridesmaids cant make it as it's going to cost her 50$ to miss her experience time with her training program. The problem is my other bridesmaid is planning to carpool with her. They're getting in late that night if they do this.

I asked the other bridesmaid if she could carpool with my mother (as she's my sister) and got a snappy text that the wedding was the last thing on her might right now. I get people are busy but I have to plan things AROUND these people and let other people know

Anyone else have this experience? What did you do? I have my Maid of Honour, the two bridesmaids and a junior bridesmaid.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 20, 2017 at 11:19
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your sisters should make time along with your other party members to ve there since they are family and friends. The day is about you and to know there is a compromise to fix a day for the reheaeshal. I did a quick walk through with my wedding party the day before.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think whether they need to be there is really your decision not anyone else's since you know your vision for your day. Personally, I needed my rehearsal so the group all knew what their roles were and how the day was going to run. I would agree that you should set aside some time with her the morning of to let her know about your plans for the day and how she fits into them. Without a rehearsal, the wedding morning would be so much more full of questions and decisions that you have to make while you're trying to relax, get ready and take in the experience. If you have a day-of coordinator, I'd say the rehearsal is much less important since they would know your timeline and make sure everyone is falling into line with their roles.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Always tough when it's family! My suggestion is let them know that if they can't make it, you will have to do a quick walk through the morning of.

I was in a wedding where they didn't even have a rehearsal, and things still went smoothly. Rehearsal's are nice to do, and as long as they are only walking down the aisle, it should be fine for them to miss it. If they have another responsibility, like doing a reading or something, it would be nice for them to be at the rehearsal, but, if they can't make it, you could see about getting someone else to do that role instead--someone who can be at the rehearsal.

• Brittany
    Curious May 2018 New Brunswick
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can't as theyre travelling and the dinner is the night before the wedding. I was just told by my mother that the bridesmaids (both my sister) dont even have to be there for the rehearsal.
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can you make the rehearsal a different day? If not maybe talk to you mom and see if she can reach out to your sister to carpool!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics