Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Brides getting married in Spring 2017

Emilie, on August 18, 2016 at 14:58 Posted in WeddingWire 0 6

Hi lovely brides! Smiley flower

With its beautiful colours, warm weather, and fresh breeze, spring comes like a ray of sunlight to our faces and is a beautiful season to celebrate your wedding.

Who is getting married this spring 2017?

Tell us who you are, what style or colours you are going for, and where you will celebrate your wedding. Smiley smile

Brides getting married in spring 2017

Image: ePhoto Studio

6 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on September 14, 2016 at 11:59
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Valerie Smiley heart

I'm so happy you started your discussion on your wedding tables! It would be great to see all the projects you're working on. I know how furstrating it can be to want to show them to your family, I'm so terrible at keep these things! Smiley xd But that's what the community is for and makes it so fun! Be able to share this experience together!

It's so funny that he surprised you with a puppy! I'm sure you were happy anyways to get a new member in the family and it's great that he managed to keep the surprise. I would love to hear more about your love story, Simone just started sharing hers the other day with other brides of the community. You could participate too! It's a series of different discussions.

Share your love story

There are also these discussions I think you'd like Smiley smile

Who said "i love you" first?

When did you realize he was “the one”?

What type of venue will you celebrate you wedding in?

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I started "planning" before he proposed (funny story, I was SURE he was proposing around Christmas last year... then it turned out the big surprise was a puppy... needless to say he REALLY managed to surprise me). So I had a lot of ideas already and a few Pinterest boards. So when he actually proposed I was ready to go!! Plus I got laid off from my job the morning after, so I suddenly had a TON of free time.

I'm so excited to post all my DIY projects! It's killing me not showing all of them to my family and friends (so they won't have already seen it all when the wedding comes around), so I'll definitely need an outlet Smiley winking .

And thank you... Pinterest is my best friend lately!

Not sure what my next project is... that's the downfall of working on 10 projects at once instead of focusing on one and seeing it through before starting the next I guessSmiley laugh . I started making table numbers the other night, maybe I'll make that my next post...

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahaha I know the ideas can seem a lot at once, but I'm sure there could be a few to integrate in your gaming theme Smiley laugh That's amazing Valerie! Smiley love I'm impressed with how much you got already! Since when have you been planning all this? I really can't wait to see your DIY posts!!

Your next post could totally be about your favourite games or all the games you are planning for your wedding. It's really inspiring that you came up with all these great ideas!! I'm sure it could inspire other brides for their reception! Smiley smile

How is the rest of your planning going? What's your next step?

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you very much Emilie! Oh my fiancé is HOOKED on Pokemon GO!! And my competitive side cannot allow him to beat me at anything, so I of course play as well Smiley laugh . That Pokemon thread is very cool, but I definitely am looking for a much more subtle theme, haha.

All of our board games are customized! So far I have Jenga, Hungry Hungry Hippos, Guess Who (where I've replaced all the characters with cartoon versions of the wedding party, guests and pets...I'll definitely be posting pictures of that one when it's ready!), KerPlunk!, Connect 4, Don't Break the Ice and Rockem Sockem Robots. There's a different game at every table inplace of centerpieces and everything is customized to match our wedding colours.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Valerie!! I'm in love with your ideas!! Smiley love

You should meet Patricia, who is also really into DIY and post all your great ideas and creations in our DIY group. Can't wait to see all of them!! Smiley heart Couples getting married on 25/June/2017 in Ontario

You can also meet more brides from Ontario in this group Who is getting married in Ontario in 2017?

Since you and your fiancé are really into Gaming... Do you ever play Pokemon Go together?

I just found these perfect ideas to include Pokemon into your gaming wedding! Smiley smile

Would you have Pokemons at your wedding?

What board games will you bring for your guests? Any customized board game?

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi spring brides (and grooms)!

My fiance and I (Colin) are getting married at a vineyard in St.Catharines, Ontario. I actually got laid off from my job the morning after my fiance proposed, so I kept busy jumping straight into wedding planning!! I got a new job shortly after, but in the 3 weeks I was off I managed to get A LOT accomplished. My colours are turquoise, purple and white, and we are having a gaming "theme" (not EVERYTHING is gaming... just a few touches). I'm super crafty and LOVE DIY, so I am making quite a lot of the elements in my wedding. I've made my invitations (but I haven't printed the inside yet... waiting a little closer to when I'm going to send), i have a few of my centerpieces made (custom board games). I have started making my bouquets, which are propbably my favourite so far, have the lyrics and music of the song my fiance wrote and sang to me when he proposed.

Can't wait to hear what everyone else is planning!

Board Game Centerpieces

Board Game Centerpieces

Flowers for my bouquet

Flowers for my bouquet

Invitations

Invitations

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics