Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Who is getting married in Ontario in 2017?

Emilie, on July 27, 2016 at 17:52 Posted in Ontario 0 20

Ontario brides of 2017! We want to know you!! Smiley smile

Tell us your name, in what town/city you are celebrating your wedding, when you are getting married... and a little something about you! Smiley heart

In this group for canadian brides in Ontario, talk about anything wedding related that is specific to your province. Let's support each other to make your big day your most wonderful day!

Looking forward to read you! xx

Brides of Ontario!

Photos Credits: Wikipedia

20 Comments

Latest activity by Cassandra, on December 21, 2016 at 09:17
  • Cassandra
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are! The church is in Aurora, Ontario followed by the reception in Woodbridge, Ontario. 09.09.17 Smiley heart

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mitch and I are getting married August 12th, 2017 in Peterborough Ontario! So far we have the ceremony and reception space booked. Our ceremony will be at a Church so we have 2 different locations. We have a dj and mc, a photographer, a bakery for our cake/cupcakes. We have our wedding party picked out and the bridesmaids dresses have been ordered. I have my dress and it came in, in July.. I also have my shoes and a hair piece, and some jewlery! I have my bouquet, and the bridesmaids bouquet's ordered and the boutonniere's for the guys.I have my wedding band ready to be picked up from the store. We have our save the dates picked out and they shipped within 3 days...and we will be using the same design as the save the dates for our invites, thankyou cards etc. And finally I booked a mobile make-up artist last night which is my most recent on my planning list!

• Valerie
    Curious October 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adam and I are getting married on Friday October 13 in Niagara-On-The-Lake!

We wanted an October wedding, and this was the only Friday left (Fridays usually cheaper / has deals). We're rolling with it, and it's fun to see people's face when we tell them the date Smiley xd

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great Jenn! Smiley love Well done! How do they look like!? I'd love to see a picture!

You can also see what other brides took as their engagement photos:

Show off your engagement pictures!!

Did you make the save the dates yourself? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jenn Smiley heart I am so happy to read you in here! I hope you'll get loads of suggestions from other brides! Smiley smile

I know how stressful it can be when you're planning from out of town but I think you're absolutely on the right track! You have booked the main things and I'm sure that must already feel like such a relief!

You should create a discussion about your transportation just like you did for your venue. I'm sure many brides will be able to relate to your situation and give you useful advice!

I also created these checklist to help you out!

Checklist: Things to Do 12 months before the wedding

Checklist: Things to Do 9 months before the wedding

Let me know if there's anything I can help with! Smiley smile

How many guests will attend your wedding?

• J
    Beginner July 2017 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also Save the dates have been sent out 2 weeks ago.
  • J
    Beginner July 2017 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Getting married July 22nd 2017 in Minesing, ON so far I have booked and paid for the biggest things or atleast I think anyhow DJ, Photographer, Hall, ceremony is outside so praying for no rain and no back up plan haha, my bridesmaids do have there dresses already, even booked hotel in Barrie already, I feel like there is so much more to do. My wedding is out of town which concerns me for people getting from Minesing to Barrie I am considering transportation for a drop off point atleast people can walk home or book at the hotel if they wish but I'm not sure yet. Any suggestions?
  • Eartha
    Devoted April 2017 Ontario
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't really found much for entertainment yet. But that's because I've been concentrating on more of the decor and sound systems and centerpieces at the moment.

Maybe in a couple months, I can switch up my roles and concentrate on entertainment for my guests Smiley laugh

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Eartha Smiley heart

I think the more simple option with baby breath is great too. It's going to make it a lot easier to set up Smiley smile

It's good to be mindful of your budget, since you still have a few months ahead you could even give a shot at making some accessories or decorations yourself. Maybe these could give you great ideas to complete the setting of your reception:

DIY ideas for a creative Guest Book

Vote for your favourite heart!

I know you were looking for entertainments for your guests, did you find any good ideas? Smiley smile

• Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi,

Thank you for the ideas. And yes, the RSVP / Save the Dates are slowly getting put together.

Still trying to organize the wedding in a orderly manner Smiley tongue Smiley tongue

There are just quite a number of things I'd love to do but just have to be mindful of my budget.

With regards to the centerpiece, I love the simple yet elegant idea of the baby breaths with the lavender Smiley smile

Thanks,

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Eartha! Smiley heart

How are your RSVP cards / Save The Dates preparations going? You should send us pictures when they're done! I'm really looking forward to see them! You seem to have put a lot of effort into it! Smiley smile

If you did them yourself, you could create a discussion and let us know how you did it!

I also thought of some idea you could use for your centerpieces.

You could have something simple like this...

Simple Lavender Centerpiece

Or something more elaborate and elegant like this Smiley smile

Elegant Purple Centerpieces

Which one would you go for?

• Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No luck with decorator yet

it seems like i've done a lot but i know there are still LOADS to be done Smiley amazing

I've done my save the dates, RSVP cards and the invites already but now i'm trying to pretty them up a little bit Smiley tongue

• Elaine
    Frequent user May 2017 Ontario
    Elaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Eartha, you seem like you're quite far along already in the planning! don't worry i'm sure everything will be just fine Smiley winking you certainly did more than i have so far!! just found the location - already booked since it belongs to a friend of ours... and right now... i'm trying to see our menu options to decide on the right foodtruck. menu foodtruck and food stations

what about you? found any good decorator?

we haven't made our save the dates yet... how are yours?

• Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Basically have to start preparing my RSVP cards / Save The Dates

Then also start working on my centerpieces

Hopefully cake tasting this weekend will have a good result so I can cross one more thing off my To Do list Smiley tongue

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're welcome Eartha!! Smiley heart

Very happy you found my checklists useful! Smiley catface What step will you be at in your To-Do list after finding your decorations?

• Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emilie,

Thank you so much for your checklist.

As soon as I saw them in the forum; I immediately saved them in my bookmarks so I can study them.

I know who my bridesmaids are; but my fiance are still in the deciding stage.

• Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not too far Smiley atonishedSmiley atonishedSmiley atonished

I'd like to think I've accomplished quite a bit, but it doesn't seem like that at all

Taken pre-wedding photos taken (waiting for them ANXIOUSLY)

Ordered and received my invites, RSVP and Save The Dates

Working on my wedding website

Booked my venue and photographer and videographer

Cake tasting this weekend

Booking DJ / eMcee near the end of September

What about you Elaine, how far along in the planning are you??

I feel like there is still soo much that I've yet to do Smiley atonished Smiley atonished Smiley atonished

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Eartha and Elaine! Smiley heart I know wedding planning can be a bit stressful, but doing things step by step really is the best way. That's where your to-do list comes in handy, so you know where you're at. Smiley winking

I also made these checklist for you, so you can keep track of where you're at depending on how many months you have left. Take a look at it and tell me where you're at in your planning! Smiley smile

Checklist: Things to Do 12 months before the wedding

Checklist: Things to Do 9 months before the wedding

Checklist: Things to Do 6 months before the wedding

How about your bridesmaids and groomsmen? Do you already know who they are?

• Elaine
    Frequent user May 2017 Ontario
    Elaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi i'm Elaine, our wedding will also be in toronto. I am getting married on may 11 2017.

I know what you mean it's coming so fast! Smiley surprise how far along are you in you planning?

• Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Name: Eartha Chong

Town / City: Toronto, ON

When: Sunday April 23 2017

That's only 8 months away!!!! It seems like I have a million and one things I want to do but have yet to start Smiley amazing Smiley amazing Smiley amazing

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics