Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie June 2018 Alberta

Bride colours vs bridesmaids colours

Arielle, on February 6, 2018 at 00:43 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6
Hi!
So I have been learning about weddings as I go... and I'm not sure if I have caused a huge colour clash. My bridesmaids and I chose their dresses in December, but I just bought my dress a couple weeks ago (just had a baby). The bridesmaids dresses are ombre that end with bright white at the bottom, but my dress is mink with an ivory lace overlay. The company for the bridesmaid dresses cannot change the bottom to ivory or mink or blue like the rest of the dress. How can I tie this together so that my dress still looks fab and not dirty?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Arielle, on February 7, 2018 at 15:11
  • A
    Newbie June 2018 Alberta
    Arielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You'll be okay! Trust me!

I don't think you need to match it perfectly any way. Once you get your dress, try it on next to one of the bridesmaid dresses and if you feel its out of sorts looking we can come up with ideas to help!

• Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First congratulations on the birth of your child. And like everyone else is stating I think it will look fine.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the colours will be fine as they are not in the same dress. My dress was ivory and looks quite white in all my wedding photos.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Any thought of a ribbon material style tut o pull everything together..
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In pictures, ivory tends to look white and white tends to have a blue tinge. I think it's fine that you have white and ivory. They're in different dresses. I don't think the ivory will look dirty, especially since their dresses aren't entirely white.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics