Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin
Master September 2017 Ontario

Bridal party hair and makeup

Erin, on February 25, 2017 at 11:42 Posted in Beauty 0 18

Hi ladies! I have a quick question for the community: who pays for the bridal party's hair and makeup? Is it the bride? Or, do the girls pay for their own? I haven't talked to my girls yet but the question has been rattling around in my head.

18 Comments

Latest activity by Sasha, on March 19, 2017 at 11:45
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It all depends on your budget in my opinion. I have been a bridesmaid in weddings where I paid for hair and makeup and dress, but I've also been a part of weddings that had all that covered. I've never been upset having to pay for hair or makeup, I'd like to think your friends/family would understand that you may be on a tight budget.
    I only have 2 people in my party (my MOH and a bridesman lol) I let my MOH choose her dress so she can pay what she wants and I told her she can have hair and makeup done if she'd like and told her the cost well in advance. My "bridesman" will be wearing what the groomsmen are wearing and since they all need to match, my FH is paying for them. Plus my bridesman doesn't need hair or makeup.
  • Rachel
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls are coming a long way t be a part of our day so we wanted to pay for their beauty on the day of....i've been a bridesmaid 3 times now and have paid for hair and makeup as well. It all depends on budget or if you have specific hair and makeup requirements tht you want them to follow

• Jennifer
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having my wedding party pay for their own hair, make up, dress and shoes. I gave them lots of notice the cost of the both. I told them if they had issues with it to let me know.

• Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I stood with 3 friends as a bridesmaid and all three paid for my hair, 1 had us do our own makeup, the other two paid for our makeup. We bought our shoes and dresses ourselves. I guess it all depends on what way you want to go but I think I'll be paying for my bridesmaids hair and makeup.
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids will be paying for their own hair and make up ... along with their dresses and footwear... I have gotten them several gifts for being part of my special day as a thank you to them ... and also am having breakfast brought in that morning

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the help ladies!

• Kimberly
    Frequent user December 2023 British Columbia
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my bridesmaids and moh, I have the grooms 20 yr old autistic daughter who we will be paying to have her hair and makeup done. (She is over the moon about it all.) I'll be paying for my 24 yo daughter's hair but she can do her own makeup- she insisted on being my moh which fills my heart with joy! My best friend who is my other bridesmaid, has a very short trendy cute haircut and so she will do her own hair and makeup. They will all be beautiful! I can hardly wait. 19 months to go! LOL!

• Barbie
    Curious November 2017 Alberta
    Barbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids are paying for their dresses, shoes, make up and hair...
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello! I think in most cases, it is assumed that this part of the cost of being in the bridal party. That being said, if you have the budget, or wish to pay one or both as their thank-you gift, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated, but not necessary! I suppose if you knowahead of time that they don't have a lot of financial resources, but are insisting on an expensive stylist or makeup artist, (rather than standard prices), you might consider paying part or in full.. all in all, it depends on the cost of it all, their budget and yours too!
    I was a MOH and the bride paid for either our hair or makeup (the cost was the same),and we paid the other, since she did want us to have our hair and makeup done by the people she had hired for herself. One girl, on the day of the wedding, even though all of this has been very clear, insisted that she did not want to get her makeup done, she wanted to do it herself, and so to placate her the bride ended up paying for both. Be clear with them as early as possible, so that you can try to avoid difficult moments like this!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Erin! I decided to pay for my bridesmaids makeup as I would like them to have their makeup done. They will be paying for their own hair as it is cheaper then the makeup. You don't have to pay for it, usually it is assumed they will have to pay for themselves when they accept being a bridesmaid. However I wanted to do something nice for them!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids paid for hair and my sister, who was a bridesmaid, did their makeup. She works for Sephora and has lots of experience doing makeup so she was able to buy supplies and then the bridesmaids split the cost. We practiced in advance so she was comfortable with the style.

I'd recommend talking to them about their budget so when you're researching vendors, you can find someone in their price range. If you're able to help them pay for it, I'm sure they'd appreciate it!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not picking their hair styles. I want them to pick their own and whatever makes them happy. Thanks for the advice!
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you!
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister paid for our hair we paid for makeup... When my BFF got married I paid for hair she covered makeup... My stylist is gifting me bridal party hair so they will not pay for that, not sure about makeup... It's up to you they will probably be expecting to pay for it themselves (I was)... One thing, if you are picking their hair styles with no input from them, you should probably pay for it.
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am paying for my Mum's hair and makeup. My MOH is having her hair and makeup done with me but she is paying for it herself. One of my bridesmaids is getting her hair done and the other one is choosing to do it herself.
    I helped them out with the dresses so I figured hair and make up they can take care of.
    It is not customary to pay for them unless you want to and are feeling generous. It comes with the territory of being in the wedding party.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your welcome, Erin!Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Simone!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Erin, I was told anyone who takes part of wedding a bridesmaids, for example, are responsible to pay for their attire, hair and make up. If you would like to pay for something like hair and make up, I'm sure they would be happy. I'm looking at paying for their nails. Hope this helps.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics