Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leanne
Expert September 2018 Ontario

Bridal Party Gift Ideas

Leanne, on April 9, 2018 at 11:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 29

Looking for suggestions on gift ideas for my bridal party (both bridesmaid and groomsmen). What have you received as a bridal party gift before like you liked or didn't like?!

29 Comments

Latest activity by JuneBride, on May 14, 2018 at 10:38
  • J
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Right now I'm undecided, so I'm going to keep looking. I've been told you should spend $75-$150 for each. Since all my bridesmaids like makeup, I'm thinking a gift card to Sephora.

Maybe a jewelry box like thisBridal Party Gift Ideas 1

along with a necklace of their birthstone from peoplesBridal Party Gift Ideas 2

Or maybe I will offer to pay for their makeup or hair on the day of the wedding and they can choose which one I pay for.

• A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Best Man is getting a custom fishing lure and something else (Haven't decided yet).
    Maid of Honor a custom mug and ?

• Christine
    Curious September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridesmaids are getting earring, bracelets, getting ready robes and personalized wine glasses
    Groomsmen are getting a flask, shot glasses, socks and personalized zippos
  • Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our bridesmaids all have jean jackets that they are putting their own flair on and we have little badges that say Squad for them too. We have 2 male bridesmaids ( a bother and BFF) each received a flask, some pomade and a cool pair of socks in the "will you be by bridesmaid" gifts and as a day of gift will be getting a swear mug and a funky key chain (both locally made). The girls received a cute tea cup, hair spray, and a bracelet for the big ask. And 2 will also be getting a swear mug, the other 2 are getting a funky trinket dish, and all 4 will get flasks too! We are lucky enough to be getting hair and make up for free, so a bit more budget was freed up for thank you gifts.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great question, I was wondering what I could add to my MOH gift! So these suggestions will be great for me as well!

My bridal party consists of my maid of honour, best man, flower girl, and ring bearer.

So my maid of honour has had alot of responsibility both personally and financially on her own, so I wanted to get her something really special. I purchased a reversible leather Handbag from Laparelle (they are Canadian Made and you can pick whatever colour combo you like! I'm so obsessed with them right now! I bought one for me too!!!! Lol) May seem a bit pricy but I wanted to her have something unique, different and was going to last years! I got us all robes as well!

Ring bearer is getting a Himilayan Salt Lamp! Might sound weird but whenever he sleeps over I convince him he won't have nightmares when the lamp is on! He thinks it has super powers!!!! Smiley smile He always wakes up so happy, telling me he slept so well! So I figure why not! It will be a nice memory for us when I see it in his room! Smiley smile

Best Man is my FH brother and he lives in eastern Europe so we pretty much had to pay for his ticket, suit etc....so he already has his gift! Lol

Lastly the flower girl! This one is getting tonnes already sometimes I think it's her wedding not mine! Lol Dress, robe, shoes, faux engagement ring to match me lol etc etc etc the list never ends with her! Lol She's something else, my niece and little BFF!

Some great ideas on the board so far!!!! Also search past discussion boards. When previous brides post similar discussions, there are great ideas there as well!!!

Let us know what you choose!
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You could always just do they’re name. Like over they’re heart or something. I did personalized hanger and they turned out really nice!
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm thinking white or silver glitter. Under the collar I'll try to put Mrs. Mynewlastname. My wedding is not until next July but just saw an amazing deal for 30 dollar jean jackets! I'm not sure if I will put any writing on theirs as I want them to have use out of them.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found boxes off of Etsy. They had the glass with name which works for both, then did labels on wine for girls with makeup bag. Guys I will do bottle of whisky with the glass and some cold cubes
  • Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think it would totally be up to you. It would be nice to get something small as a thank you. But a thoughtful card would be good as well.

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOVE the jean jacket idea! Would look really good for pictures! What colour of lettering are you doing? Something sparkly would be gorg!

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got these pretty boxes from winners, the ones with the magnetic lids. Im having a friend make a decal that says their name to put onto the top. Then inside i'm doing a small bottle of Moet champagne, personalized hanger, champagne flute, a earring and bracelet set, and maybe a candle or bath bomb.(depending on how much space I have I have left). Also got my friend to make thank-you cards for everyone.

My FH got his groomsmen personalized flasks, suspenders, tie/bow tie and a bottle of their favourite booze.

Majority of the stuff came from Etsy. I like how there is an option to find things that are locally made or at least made in Canada.

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm thinking personalized champagne flutes, personalized hanger with a jean jacket. I'd really like to take a pic with all of us in a jean jacket with mine saying just married or my new last name.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We asked our bridal party with a separate gift but it wasn’t anything fancy. Well mine wasnt lol my fiancé is a great gift giver I can’t compete with him. I just bought wine bags that asked them to be my MOH/bridesmaids with wine in them and for my jr bridesmaid I used jr mint chocolates. My fiancé got his guys whiskey bottles engraved.
    We are doing gifts for them all as well. I don’t think you need to spend a lot or go all out you could just get them a little something extra for on the day of I think $25-$100 is the average. The things you’re giving sound good enough so you could just write them heartfelt cards for the day of but totally up to you!
  • Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This might be a dumb question, but is the bridesmaid/groomsmen gift the same or different as the "will you be my bridesmaid/groomsmen" proposal?

Because I'm getting my bridesmaids a little make up bag with cute little things that they might need the day of and the lipstick I want them all to wear as their proposal, and my FH bought his groomsmen the pocket square he wants them to wear but other knickknacks.

Now I don't know if I should buy something else as their actual gift

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We gave the following:

Girls - bath bomb, reusable tote bag and monogrammed throw blanket.

Guys - monogrammed sit and sip coolers and some beer.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm giving my bridesmaid matching necklaces, getting ready robes, their dresses and kits with make up remover, facial mask, lip gloss, nail polish, hair ties, etc.

My FH is giving his groomsmen flask, mickey of whisky, bow ties, & socks.
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When I was a bridesmaid I received a clutch to wear on the day and it was filled with small essentials like lip balm, mints, Kleenex, etc, as well as the jewelry we were supposed to wear.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my bridal party the getting ready robes and got them each 2 charms for their pandora bracelets. One is a flamingo as a reminder of the bachelorette in Dominican and one is going to be a dress as a reminder of being a bridesmaid Smiley smile
  • Nikki
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered wine labels that said "I can't say 'I Do' without you. Will you be my bridesmaid?" off Amazon. I soaked the wine bottles to remove the orginal label and stuck these on. Everyone loved them! Smiley smile
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well my party isn't going to have groomsmen, but we definitely decided to pick these homemade spa kits on etsy. They come with homemade soap, lip balm, moisturizer, bath salts and bath bombs with your choice of one of four scents. It comes customized for your bridesmaids or maid of honour, and can be used as a party proposal!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did little bags for each bridesmaid. I got them monogrammed with their initials and then put in a necklace for them to wear the day of along with a scarf (I had a spring wedding). I also put in some locally made soap, a small bottle of Bailey's and some chocolates. I wanted to buy them each their favourite alcohol or drink, but it was getting too expensive, so I decided Bailey's since everyone loves that. The girls really enjoyed the variety of the gifts since it wasn't all about the wedding day.

My fiance chose to have pocket watches engraved as his gift to his groomsmen. I wasn't fond of the idea because it's something they wouldn't wear everyday, but they seemed to enjoy it, if not the day of. I would recommend finding something that they can re-use again in the future or use everyday.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can always shop for them like it is their birthday, you don't have to give everyone a matching gift if you can't think of anything that will work for everyone. Books, gift cards to their fav stores or restaurants, spa packages, movie passes, a favorite wine or liquor or snack... pop a few items in a nice tote or wash bag and you've got yourself an awesome gift!

You can also check out Wedding Party Gifts 101 for more ideas and guidance

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my girls robes. My MOH really liked the idea and I want the getting ready photos. I tried to pick ones they could use again. I also got them all bath bombs from Lush and little tins of tea.

My FH got his groomsmen suspenders and bow ties.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my girls a hand-held purse. 2 of my 3 girls will have children under the age of 1, so they actually came up with the idea. Then they can throw a couple of small things for their kids in it, and they can keep their important things with them too. There isn't anything written on it, so they can definitely reuse them if they’d like.

Don’t be afraid to ask. They might have something practical that they can think up themselves.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I’m making up a little basket for each depending on their interests. One will be tea and a mug, another wine glass and a slushy wine mix, the third a travel or photography book. A few other small things that I came across will be added to the baskets.

As a bridesmaid, i’ve been given two necklaces and a spa gift card. The necklaces I never wore again. The spa gift card I was able to go with another bridesmaid so that worked out.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm giving the girls: A S'well water bottle (each has a colour they'll like), I'm paying for their hair to be done and a pair of cute slipper/sandals to get ready in.

The boys will be getting: Ties/pocket squares for the day of, A cooler bag with their initials and it will be filled with their favourite alcoholic beverage.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m paying for my girls makeup. I also am giving them hangers with their names and our wedding date on them and champagne flutes to sip on mimosas the morning of. I want to put in a few little things like a face masque, teeth whitening strips that we can do together the night before but still thinking on this. My fiancé got his guys personalized belt buckles (country wedding).
    My MOH got us tank tops made up that say bride, bridesmaid... etc that we’ll probably get ready in. We wore them dress shopping too. Smiley smile
    I’ve recieved jewelry before and honestly haven’t worn it again. I think it depends on your wedding party!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got the bridesmaids robes as well! Mainly for cute getting ready photos! I also got them for my flower girls (they are a bit older)

I was thinking of doing a small bracelet maybe? (dress is a high neck so a necklace is hard) I'm also planning on taking my girls out to get our nails done before the big day as a gift!

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My best friend got married last summer and gave us each a necklace to wear that day and robe to get ready in. Practical and they were really cute - we got some great pictures in the robes!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics