Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daily
Expert August 2022 Ontario

Bridal makeup

Daily, on March 24, 2021 at 13:54

Posted in Beauty 45

Future brides, do you think of doing your own makeup or hire a professional makeup artist?
Future brides, do you think of doing your own makeup or hire a professional makeup artist?

45 Comments

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She cancelled FOUR HOURS before!?!? That's so unprofessional! At least your sister had you to help out. I can't even imagine how stressful that must have been for her!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're still figuring it out but my fiancee is leaning towards the girls doing their own makeup. Because we're likely not reaching the yellow zone in Ontario, we can't have someone else do makeup for the girls.

Our moms are also very big germaphobes and the idea of using products that were used on someone else's face as close as the day before doesn't sit well with them.

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fair enough Rayanne🤩
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea that’s the thing, I always will my makeup but not my hair!😁 I know one of my good friend is willing to do my hair
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That make sense too but my wedding will be later in the evening so I’m not planning to have makeup until Noon. That’s another thing I don’t wanna stress myself either. Because you know things always go wrong and don’t go as planned. Also, I ended up doing my sister makeup on the day of her wedding because her makeup artist cancelled on her 4 hours before the wedding.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is no way I'll do my own. I only use lipstick and mascara if I do my makeup. Foundation, eyeliner, sprays in the face I have no idea what any of it is lol
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have hired one of my old friends to do my makeup and hair. She does it now professionally and is giving me a great deal. Also, I don't have a clue how to even curl my hair, so could never do this myself!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've hired someone to do my makeup for my wedding. I don't need the extra stress of doing my makeup the morning of. That way I can relax and enjoy the morning of getting my hair done, makeup done and being with my parents and MOH
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally understand. That’s fair enough.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did my own makeup but I used to be a makeup artist and I don’t trust anyone else haha.
    If you do decide to do your own makeup definitely do your research into the best products for photography as a lot of popular products can look awful with flash. There are a lot of good tutorials on YouTube.
  • S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ive hired a company that will do hair and makeup for myself and my bridal party. They will travel to us.
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for replying Liberty😍 Ill think about it
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be hiring a professional! Im decent at doing my own makeup but I never really wear face makeup so I want to make sure it will last all day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics