Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenna
Curious June 2019 Ontario

Bridal Clutch?

Jenna, on July 31, 2018 at 09:52 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 24

Did you have a clutch on your wedding day? Was it useful? What did you keep in it?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Ashleigh, on August 14, 2018 at 11:32
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm hoping to find a cheap one because I know I will need lipstick and deoderant touchups. We don't have a headtable to store things and I doubt I'll carry it around, it seems like such a waste to buy one, but what can you do?
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found a clutch that I just couldn’t pass up - it matches so well with my dress! I plan on just using it to carry my phone and lipchap mainly! I’ll probably just leave it at my dinner seat for most of the night so I don’t have to carry it with me!

Bridal Clutch? 1
  • Katrina
    Curious July 2020 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my opinion as the bride you should only be carrying your smile and your bouquet.
    The maid of honor should be your go-to or gopher as some people would say she should have a clutch and or duffle bag on hand for you at all times that is part of the maid of Honor's duties in my opinion.
    of course this is all personal preference if you choose to buy yourself a beautiful little clutch for your photos they make a good prop but I will say you probably won't want to hold that all night.
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really enjoy my unplugged time. Part of it is also that o live so far from old friends and family now that I don’t want to be checking my phone all the time so I’m just going to remove the distraction all together.
    I think just not having it during the ceremony and then having for the reception to take some pictures would be fine. But if possible I would suggest turning it to airplane mode or turning off all notifications so it removes urge to check them. You should be enjoying the party with all your guests instead of wanted to check that last message (not sure if this is you but this is usually me the second I hear it ping which is why I need unplugged time).
  • Jenna
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no that would give me anxiety if someone took my phone away! lol probably a good idea though

• Jenna
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm ashamed to admit that I couldn't go that long without my phone! lol I probably shouldn't have it on me that day so I'm not tempted to look at it

• Jenna
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh lucky! Pockets are so handy lol

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress has pockets. so no need for me. i can keep my kleenex and lipstick in one pocket and my inhaler in the other lol

• Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It started out as a joke, but seriously - how fricken great would that be? ULGH IT COULD HAVE SEQUINS!

• Jenna
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha I can just imagine a bedazzled white fanny pack that would be awesome

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you ever seen Rocky Horror Picture Show? I imagine an exit being like that for some reason lol. Now that I think of it, I can never recall the bride and groom actually leaving the weddings I've been to.

I don't know why it seems like such an old thing, all I know is I remember my mothers wedding pictures and she goes on an on about how my grandmother made her "exit" dress lol!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol! Vintage-y... that's awesome. Kinda funny how it seems so "old school" now to leave on your honeymoon right away.

I'm going to leave my mom in charge. Whether multiple people help, or whatever (she's from Vancouver Island, so she will have to delegate taking certain items to local family members).

We are going to be leaving our reception at midnight, when the party is over. I'm thinking I may get an "exit" dress, but not 100% sure yet. We won't be making a "grand exit", as we'll probably be some of the last to leave.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Put the most responsible person in charge of everything! Someone who will do it with the love and care like you would!

Do you have an outfit you're changing into for your exit from the reception? It all seems so vintage-y, I love it!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! We're going straight from the reception to the airport hotel, flying to Florida the next day, spending the night, then getting on a cruise on the Monday. I'm kind of excited to leave the house on the Friday (the day before the wedding) and not come back for 2 weeks Smiley love

Now I just have the added logistics of parents and in-laws taking the decorations, my dress, the gifts, the cake, etc...

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you going straight from your reception to your honeymoon? If so, that's very romantic!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't but I was literally only about 100 feet from where I was staying at any given time so I just left everything there.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I won't have a bridal clutch but I have a tote bag, like Brittany, with emergency touch-up items (make-up, bobby pins, small sewing kit, stain remover, lint brush, tampons, wallet, phone, car keys). I will keep it in the bridal room so I and my bridal party know where it is and can retrieve it.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom messaged me a picture of a cute white, pearled/jeweled clutch the other day. I told her no. I don't want a purse/clutch/etc... I have a white tote bag that I got from my Ms to Mrs Box, and it says "Bride" on the side... haha. So that's the bag I'm gonna have tucked away somewhere (bridal room, behind the bar... something...) with emergency items. Aside from that, we won't have unnecessary stuff with us at the wedding.

*Although this discussion totally just triggered a whole line of questions in my brain about where our honeymoon suitcases are going to be, as we won't have our own vehicles, so thank you! Haha.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohhhh jeeeeez. My mom would be ALL OVER THIS. I still cringe at my 90's/early 2000's childhood photos with my neon wind breakers and awwwwesome fanny packs...

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not having one. I am locking my phone away the morning of the wedding and not looking at it till the next day (or maybe 2 days after).

As for the rest of the stuff I would give that little emergency kit to a bridesmaid or close friend or family member to hold on to for you. Or have it waiting by your seat at the reception. I plan on having in it a little sewing kit, lipstick, maybe some floss, and blotting papers). We are staying at the same place as the reception so if I need anything major I can just run upstairs.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have one - even if one of my bridesmaids carries it for me, at least all my stuff (touchup lipstick, ID, credit card, etc) is all in one place.

I won't have my phone with me, neither will my fiancé -our friend who is also our wedding planner has told us she's taking them the morning of the wedding so no one is bothering us. Haha.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't have one. I gave my phone to a friend to take pictures throughout the night. My MOH did put a little bag behind our backdrop at the reception area, but I didn't end up using anything.

• Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We should create a brand of wedding day fanny packs. I mean clutches are cool, but you gotta hold on to them; with all the hugging, high-fiving, and probably drinking, it just doesn't seem practical.

I'll probably have a clutch or bag of some kind to hide my crap in. Lipstick, gum/mints, all the tissue in the world, etc. If nothing else, just somewhere to stash it all so no one has to look at it.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't plan on having one... then again I am having my ceremony and reception at the same place and I could always just either have my MOH hold onto my stuff or have her or one of the bridesmaids run over to one of the cabins which would take them less than 5 minutes to go fetch something. Otherwise you don't really need your ID, cash, or lipstick on you. If you want to put more lippy on then you will most likely have to go to the washroom anyways.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics