Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jodi
Frequent user September 2018 Alberta

Bought the bridesmaids dresses today

Jodi, on March 30, 2018 at 19:03 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 39
Went to David’s bridal- (not the best experience) we were super rushed and the stylist was impatient and not very helpful at all- however we did find the dresses, I wanted mismatched in dark green as the girls are all different shapes and personalities but they all loved the same dress- I feel the pockets sold it haha! They all looked great in it and it’s another thing off the list Smiley smile

Bought the bridesmaids dresses today 1

39 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on April 17, 2018 at 15:09
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is super cute! Love when dresses have pockets.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is one of the dresses I was considering! But in navy. However, my girls didn't jump at it. I still think it's beautiful though! The little bow at the back is cute too. Very unique back on it.

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Gorgeous choice! I told my girls to get what they want as well and they all picked the same which is the same one your girls picked but the one shoulder style!
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s stunning, I love it!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Glad you found your dresses! I've been to DB for both Bridal gowns and Bridesmaids!

My first Bridal appointment was pretty rough, but I went back again and had a much better time with a different consultant!

I ended up getting my Bridal gown from Kleinfeld but I still want to get my Bridesmaids dresses from DB! Price is a lot more manageable there and I find the styles are all pretty similar to more expensive places (quality is a little less but not enough to be a worry)

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the green. It's beautiful dress.

I got my wedding dress from DB too. From what I heard, the stylist had to serve 2 customers at the same time. And I did notice the changing area was very crowded especially if the brides came with lots of people. But when I did price comparison, the price of the dresses at DB is less compares to boutique wedding stores where you would have one dedicated stylist and a whole changing room to yourself.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the dresses! The dark green color is gorgeous, and pockets are always a great bonus!!

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yay glad you found the dresses! Yeah I had two terrible experiences there! Too many people! Very overwhelming! They didn't even offer my six-seven month pregnant matron of honour a chair to sit, just kind of expected us to stand. So we went elsewhere. Glad you were able to find your dresses there though!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the dresses! Great pick!

• Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes they have those little bows in the back! I seen the one in silver/grey on my MOH it was super nice!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is this the dress that has the little bows on the back? If so - my MOH picked this dress as well, but in a Sterling grey. My bridesmaids picked a different dress in the collection.

They are GORGEOUS dresses.

• Shannon
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That dress is beautiful Smiley love
  • Krystal
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Krystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went to David's bridal as well and it was an awful experience. They told me it was going to take 3 months for the dresses to come in!!! I feel like she was just trying to make a sale. We found a dress that all the girls loved but I really didn't want to buy them from there. My friend had told me that the David's bridal in Burlington had great customer service so I called them and ordered them from there. We ended up saving $40 and after the exchange it was still cheaper then buying them from here and they were able to send them to ship happens across the line. Way better experience there.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very nice! Love it! I had a bridesmaid dress with pockets once and loved it! Good call with that!

• Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks- I don’t write an email to just say how dissatisfied we were with the service how rushed and unprofessional and just aloof the “stylist” was and how they missed the mark on up selling and completing the look. I’m glad they all managed to get their dresses but unfortunately it wasn’t the greatest experience.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great pick! Sorry to hear you had such a negative experience. Definitely complain or write head office an email. People shouldn’t be able to get away with such poor service.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the dress! I would let the manager know how you feel about ur experience though! Did you have an appointment or just walk in?
  • Katherine
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOve that dress, we are having a purple shade too and look forward to my trip to David's Bridal here in Canada.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! That's a gorgeous dress. I got my bridesmaids dresses from David's Bridal as well. It was busy there, but other than that, we had a great experience. I'm sorry to hear yours wasn't very good!
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found I didn’t have a great experience but not bc of the consultant (she was great) but with the store in general.. they over booked the appointments so two brides were with one consultant which is crazy. And it was so incredibly packed, my family had to stand and be shoved in the corner.

• Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good to hear! They seem pretty fun! I love the back details as well, good advice on not going to davids bridal - (we didn’t have the best experience with them today) but will go to a local alterations girl I know that may be able to do this for us instead. I’m assuming they will all need to be hemmed up as they are all 5’6 ish
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's one of the dresses I'm pitching to my girls! I love it! Shame about the bad experience, I went to David's bridal in Kentucky and they were amazing, best experience. So it's disappointing to hear that you had a bad experience. But you got your VM dresses! Yay!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! You definitely will enjoy those bridesmaids dresses, and surprisingly they didn't have their hands in their pockets all day. It was helpful for the kleenex and they put their hands in their pockets for a few pictures, but otherwise, it was just a fun fashion accessory.

• Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow they all look beautiful and so do you! Congrats on your wedding!!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just got married on Saturday so I don't have any professional ones, but here's a picture of the girls that someone took on Facebook. I had a bunch of different sizes as well, and they worked for all of them. They are very, very long so they will definitely need to be hemmed. All the girls went to a different person to get them hemmed and for the most part said the process was easy. I'd skip David's Bridal for the alterations as well.

Bridesmaids DressesBought the bridesmaids dresses today 2

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Stunning dress! Great choice! So exciting!!!!
  • Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay that’s good to hear! Would you have a pic I could see? Too funny! They all looked and felt great in it so I said it’s like the sisterhood of the travelling dress (I’m a dork)
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had the exact same dresses in the eggplant! My bridesmaids chose them as well, and I didn't care if they had the same dress, but all ended up choosing them. They look amazing in pictures, so you won't be disappointed.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg YAS!!!!! You Definetly need to do that.
  • Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol definitely! Also I’ll make sure to play one hand in my pocket by Alanis just for them!! Haha
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha make sure you request a song that requires them to clap, raise their hands/ wave, anything that will make their hands out of the pockets.
  • Jodi
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! It was all then I just wanted long green and they could pick whatever but this was the winner for all of them- in surprised they all picked the same thing! I guess it was meant to be

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics