Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kalene
Frequent user June 2021 Ontario

Bar problems

Kalene, on January 15, 2018 at 19:46 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Okay so we have found the location for our bar. Originally we were having it in our church but my in laws have since found somewhere that has a room big enough to do it in there. It has a bar we are able to use if we choose too. However my issue is that I didn’t really want alcohol at the wedding but everytime there’s a choice about it. My family and friends all try to convince me to open it for an hour or two. Even though they know I didn’t plan on having alcohol in the first place. My fiancée apparently refuses to help make any decision it’s all up to me according to him. Ugh so stuck

10 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 22, 2018 at 13:51
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say that if you feel so passionately about it and it makes you feel morally conflicted, don't give in. It's your wedding and you can do what you want.

• Kalene
    Kalene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My inlaws don’t care about the bar it’s my side of the family haha.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Of your FH is wanting to respect your decision by not sayong anything, its a sign he is with you on your choice. Don't get pressured into the bar if you choose to keep it closed. Your in laws had their day and got to make their choices. Continue to go in with the wedding plans. Best of luck.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think, since this is something your beliefs are built on, that you shouldn't open the bar.

Don't be pressured to do it just because other people suggest it.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I find my fiance has an opinion only if it's something he really wants/cares about. For example, decor he has no opinions on. Songs that will be played during the ceremony, he does. I still run every decision by him, but if he doesn't care, he says he doesn't care and means he doesn't care.

We had talked about not having a bar at all. It's your wedding. If you don't want alcohol there, you don't have to have alcohol there. We are having some, but we are purchasing our own so once it's gone it's gone. I am okay if it doesn't last the whole night. Some people will miss the alcohol, but I doubt people won't come because you aren't having any.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that part is difficult.. I get that. But if he doesn't care what you choose then maybe just do what you want lol
  • Kalene
    Kalene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My issue now is agreeing on something with my other half. Because he just doesn’t care lol.
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If anything makes you feel like you're giving up on your beliefs then it's just not worth it. Your friends and family will understand because your beliefs are extremely important to you and it's your wedding day so they have absolutely no say in it. Do what you want to do, if you're not comfortable with the bar then there is your answer just do what will make you and your fiance happy.
  • Kalene
    Kalene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My fiancé claims he doesn’t care what happens. My mom says keep it open and hour or two and my inlaws who are paying for it don’t care. They basically go with what we want. Makes it twice as hard for my fiancé and I on this topic as a couple. First off we’re christian. So I was raised in my church to know alcohol isn’t a good thing to drink. It’s not allowed. My fiancé on the other hand was raised to believe you can drink alcohol you just can’t get drum ink. And I don’t wanna deal with backlash if I decide to keep it closed but then I feel like I’m just giving in on my beliefs if I open it 👎🏻
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well that's a big decision on your shoulders. It's up to you and your fiancé whether or not to have alcohol at your wedding. Your day your way. If others are helping out financially though then that's when they start saying more even when they don't have a lot financially to do with it people will try and say things. Things to consider though with your fiancé or other family members If you did have a bar at the wedding you could do it many ways have a limited selection wine and beer, keep it open only a couple hours like a cocktail hour or if money is a reason have a cash bar.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics