Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Back to Basics - What is the part you love best about wedding planning?

Joey, on July 2, 2018 at 09:01 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 33

Whether you've been planning for just a few days, or you've planned, wed, and honeymooned already, I hope you've found a part of planning that you absolutely can't get enough of. What do you love best about wedding planning?

Back to Basics - What is the part you love best about wedding planning? 1

Photo of this moment of pure joy taken from WeddingWire's Instagram

That's the last question in this week's game! To share more about yourself and learn more about the other members of this lovely community head back to the start of our Back to Basics game!

33 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on July 22, 2019 at 21:29
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the planning. Haven't gone dress shopping yet. I usually hate shopping so I'm not sure how that'll go. I have styles in mind now I just hope I can afford my vision lol
  • Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love searching for ideas on Pinterest in terms of nails, hair, stuff like that! I guess most things are fun, but some are annoying such as guest lists, chasing people down for info, things like that.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me, all the artsy and DIY elements. I am a creative type and designing all our stationary....DIYing a lot of the decorations most likely.

I do like looking at the galleries of the cakes and photographers a lot too! Some many creative and beautiful finished works!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used to work as a non-union stage manager for years so executing a day performance from start-to-finish and having the plan is my nirvana. I love co-ordinating day-of events so planning showers and the big day make me so excited!

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think picking out decor elements in my favourite beside choosing a venue.

• M
    Newbie January 2019 Nova Scotia
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my friends decided to make her one own hashtag in the instagram and even used some services to get real instagram followers and spread this hashtag. Really, some people are getting crazy because of this social media. And this instagram stuff was a part of the whole wedding planning.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love everything about the planning except for when dealing with difficult vendors and finaces. I will be sad when it's over.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, pretty much everything! Having a little more difficulty with the seating plan and have had some stress over some family drama! But it all seems to be working itself out!

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am really looking forward to the menu tasting and planning the meal. I love seeing all the RSVPs coming in (so fun) and just making it unique and personal to us. I decided to hire a wedding planner and doing so gave me so much extra time to put thought into the details and I was able to make all my own stationary and personalize a lot of things.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't pick just one thing! I love wedding planning in general, all the research, planning, organizing, lists, charts, Pinterest boards... but now that it's actually our wedding... I think it's imagining it actually happening for us. Picturing us standing in those situations, how he's going to look at me, how we are going to feel... It gets me emotional when I think about the whole day.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s anything that makes our wedding unique and feel like “us”. It makes me happy planning something that WE love not something that our parents or society expects. Cake tasting was wonderful and picking the dinner menu got me really excited haha
  • Jean
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Jean ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When it comes to the planning side of things, I'm more so the one which is drawn on attention to details.

I think it's important for adding whatever personal touches surrounding the entire event. And as for music, I think it's important now just about good music, but the meaning behind them. When Nimmi and I 1st met, I used to create CD's for her in which she would know that each one that was created were carefully selected which aligned to something about the song and it's meaning that was reflecting regarding to something about us and our history together. The fun part of this was looking at each other and knowing we had a secret together... a bond associated to those tunes in we would look at each other and smile because we knew why the song was chosen and what part represented something of us. It was fun times remembering doing this so, for us, I know music will be important in that sense since we will be planning our selection based on them and of course filling the remaining with other fun songs but only we will know the meaning of the songs played between us during our day... which brings a meaningful moment for our special day :-). Even now... we've been going through music selections and it's drawn a sense a closeness and meaning for our event. We're definitely enjoying the music project - bring back memories of earlier days.

Also, doing little things which leaves a little something that will trigger a memory or laughter for our day with our guest whom we will share it also matters. Little details which we hope will leave a positive lasting impression at the end of the day.

I also love this platform which helps in better planning and organizing along the way... Thanks wedding wire for providing this platform... It does help...

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I loved planning our music!! That was so much fun!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seeing all the bits and pieces coming together!

• Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this response to the medling family and I want to start using it!! Thanks Smiley laugh
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It might seem weird, but I loved looking at the statistics of people who RSVP'd, meal choices, etc.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I looooove getting to be organized and be praised for it hahah. I love color coordination, lists, spreadsheets, etc.

I've always been really organized and I use it in every day life, but it's nice to get to use it for something like this 😎
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love being able to use the phrase "well it's a good thing that it's my wedding and not yours" when family disagrees with my or my FH's plans. That and the fact that even with the stress of booking vendors I just need to remind myself that I'm ACTUALLY getting married to my best friend it pretty great!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thw best part was having family time from the arrival until departure. It always about those times when the kids and families gather.
  • Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The organization, I love making charts and spreadsheets, and calling and organizing prices to get the best for our money. Total thrill for me 😂
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the research (vendors, etiquette, etc.) and I love this community Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was looking for the venue haha now I don't think I have a fave thing

• Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I’d have to say all the DIY items I’m making. It’s been a lot of fun.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the best part will be seeing it all come together on the day. All that hard work, stress just being put together right in front of you.
    The planning itself has been fun for us both but I really think the best part will be when it over and we can indulge in all the work we put in.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Imagining the big day!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Picturing everything at the end and just the excitement and build up to the big day!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When bits and pieces start coming together!

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The part I love best about wedding planning has been imagining everything coming together.

Lately, I’ve been doin song lists, photo lists, and making timelines. So I’ve been vividly imagining how our big day is going to go. I see certain parts in my head and I tear up. And let’s not even get started on the music! Once we had our songs selected, I couldn’t listen to ANY of them without starting to cry. But I know that just means that they are a perfect fit for us in that moment.

I am so excited for it all to come together! I know it is going to be our perfect day!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The research.
    And then making a decision about something and moving forward with it.
    I’m also particularly fond of the trip we made to our destination city to visit venues and meet with potential planners.
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like when it feels like things are coming together. We have had most of the big things booked a year in advance which gave us some good discounts. I admit I do most of the planning or research and my FH helps to decide after I have narrowed down the choices.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Now that we have changed plans, I’ve been planning it solely on my own (with fh input) so it’s been great!
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far everything has gone really well - I enjoy sharing my ideas with my fiancé, my mom and my girls!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics