Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cathrine
Devoted April 2018 Ontario

Bachelorette bad news

Cathrine, on March 22, 2018 at 11:54 Posted in Before the wedding 0 17

My maid of honour's grandfather passed away today. The funeral is on Saturday which is when she had planned my bachelorette party. I am so sad for her loss and i plan on attending the visitation tomorrow, but she really wants me to move forward with the bachelorette party she planned for me even though she can't be there. I would never be upset that she can't be there, as she is absolutely where she needs to be, but i am also very sad at the thought of not having her there with me. It doesn't seem right. I'm going to respect her wishes and still have the party as she worked so hard on planning it and everything is booked and paid for. Not looking for advice or what to do, but sharing my sadness.

17 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on March 26, 2018 at 11:34
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad to hear! Looks like you had fun Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s awesome, glad to hear!
  • Cathrine
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The bridesmaids set, (plus one groomman - FSIN) is complete now that my best friend made it to brunch.

Bachelorette bad news 1
  • Cathrine
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bachelorette party was a blast. My best friend made it back in time on Sunday for Brunch with us all which was awesome so I did get some photos with her in them. We are going to get together this coming weekend for a little one on one time.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, so sorry to hear that. She is being so selfless by telling you to go without her but it probably wasn't the same without her.

We had to change our plans for a wedding party get-together because of a death in the family of the best man. Not the same situation though.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry Smiley sad this is definitely a tough time for the both of you. I'm glad you're a very understanding person and aren't angry that she won't be there.

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's disappointing. You lucky to have such a good friend though. I hope her and her family are okay, and that you still have tons of fun. ❤
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear! that is hard for both of you, and your being an amazing friend!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so sad to hear for both of you. It's always hard loosing a loved one and I think its fantastic you are being considerate of her (and her of you!)

The other girls' recommendations of planning something for the two of you is great!

Even sending her some flowers to show up later in the day on Saturday could be a nice way to remind her you're thinking of her.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awe so sad for her loss! And for her not being there with you Smiley sad hope you have a blast at your bachelorette though! I know I would be upset if my MOH wasn’t there such a sad situation. Smiley cry
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is very sad! I'm sure you both will think of each other on Saturday but know that if she said she wants you to go then that is where she wants you to be. I hope you and her can connect soon for some 1-on-1 time. As long as you are both there for each other, that's what counts.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a lot of people have made good suggestions regarding having a girls night with just the two of you. The loss of a loved one can be really hard and she needs you there for her right now. Have fun at your bachlorette and know that this is what she wants for you.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know the feeling! Planning is actually impossible for me and my maid of honour, or any of my bridesmaids as I live a 6+ hour flight away from them all.. but I'm sure you'll be able to get something sorted. I'm glad she's okay with you continuing the party and the money isn't going to waste.
  • Cathrine
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a good idea. Maybe after my bridal shower in a couple weeks. She lives about 2 hours away from me so it takes some planning for our get togethers.

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So sorry hun! I'd be really disappointed too. Sometimes things are so unfair and out of our control. Try to enjoy yourself as it's still part of the process and maybe you guys can have a date together just before the wedding. Spa day or something
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you should take her out for a nice dinner, as a thank you and some time to spend together. I think she will appreciate that.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s really sad! I understand why you want to let that out. Maybe you and your Maid of Honour could do a girls night just the two of you sometime later on? That way you can celebrate with her even though she couldn’t make this.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics