Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

August and September 2023 brides and grooms!

Carine, on February 24, 2023 at 09:11 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 41

With 218 days left to go, how is the wedding planning coming along?

Are you stressed, you have this in the bag, last minute details?

Are we excited, do you need community help or suggestions?

I'm pretty much done all the little details, come summer will be the busiest times for us with meeting the officiant, getting the license, going over the decorations, flowers and parties. May I meet the seamstress, but all my DIY's, Bridal gift bags and grooms gift are all done.

The nerves are kicking in that's for sure.

41 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on July 20, 2023 at 08:51
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

With 72 days left I took a break from wedding planning until after I move this weekend and then booking my appointments with the venue to get everything in order.

You must be so excited with only 30 days to go?

• Nicolette
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Nicolette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    30 days left and just getting the last touches together!!!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's allll worth it, trust! It really is nice come the day of to throw your hands up and say, what's done is done, time to just enjoy!!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's how I feel, I can't wait to see my dream come true. Hope it goes slow enough to enjoy every moment.

We are planning times where we can get away and just have a few moments together throughout the night.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tell me about it. Went with silk flowers since it was cheaper than a florist, cut my guest list to 40 people

• Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Done with the exception of minor details (table placements, will be done when we have final numbers)! Getting married is so expensive….. really looking forward to the day so I can enjoy all the hard work, money, and planning that has gone into it!!
  • JN Midi
    Newbie August 2023 Alberta
    JN Midi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Almost done with me planning working on florist. Everything so expensive it’s stressful . Can’t wait to see everything come together
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yay for WW friendships! Ihave met a lot of amazing people on this site Smiley heart

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

On the market for a year, something must be wrong with it?

I am so sorry, my condolences.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like you have everything under control and you have everything set.

Sounded a little like me, I was like wow I'm not the only one who's on top of it and done.

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

172 days for us!

Everything is pretty much done! We have a tasting on March 10 and then we get to meet with the venue and kind of plan out how things are going to look. I have my invitations ready to go; i just need to get some addresses and then order them! Meeting the officiant as well as the day-of coordinator will take place in June/July. Fiance and I know where we want to go for our honeymoon so next month we are going to book it.

There has been a little hiccup with our band. Their drummer is travelling to Italy the day of our wedding so they're trying to find a replacement. Hopefully they can!

I'm currently planning out the bridal shower that's happening in May. I need to finalize the guest list for that and send out invites soon.

Everything feels pretty good!

• Desirée
    Newbie September 2023 Alberta
    Desirée ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh, none of that in itself is really stressful for me, and I’m already crazy. 🤪🤪🤪 We have been watching one in particular in a small city south of us and will be looking at it in about a month, if there hasn’t been an offer made. It’s been listed for almost a year.

And now, since I wrote my original post my fiancée’s father passed. We are not in the same province so it’s been difficult. Travel last week was a brutally long drive, part of it on ice, part of it major construction delays. We are not keen to do it again anytime soon.
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so great, I did the same with the girls gift bags. I am so happy I bought a Cricut, I was able to go to Ikea and buy the hangers for $5 and then put their name and title for their dresses, I bought slippers from shein and put their names on it, got each one a hair clip, I got the bags and their PJ's from Shein and added their initial on both, I bought each with one pay check at a time and now I am officially done. All that I have left is to meet the venue to pick a cake, decors, meet the officiant, buy my bouquets for me and the girls once she is done and get our license. My alterations are in may, hair and make up booked. All I need left is the seating chart.

We are doing so great and it's nice to be on this journey with so many of you. Smiley shame

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 171 days to go and I am getting so excited. Each pay cycle I have been purchasing the little things I need for the wedding. For example, we would buy our shoes one payday, this one coming up tomorrow is the remainder of our accessories, so for my FH it's his belt and for me its the veil. I booked my hair and make-up trial for the end of April. Our invites come in on March 1st, all of our vendors are booked, my shapewear and fiancé's suit came home, so the other thing I gotta do is book my alterations appointment.

Right now it is all the little things that are coming together to make it to the big picture.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley heart such an exciting time for us all

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly the community is invested in each wedding we helped put our input.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree 100%!!! You want to see the final result after all the hard work and stress.Smiley heart

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know, going through this with you and then seeing your beautiful day come to life, I love wedding wire for this.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's so nice to see the results, like Amanda when she posted her wedding pictures, you build friendships on here and go through journeys you need the results lol.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Carine! I will most definitely be posting pics Smiley sexy

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow already 71 days it's going so fast and such a great journey to see each bride hit their day.

I am so excited for you and your FH, I can't wait to see pictures.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like you are right on track. You still have time to design a new invitation, but I am sure your original one is perfect?

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I am dying of nerves for you. Stressful planning a wedding and stressful buying a house, girl how are you not going crazy?

We decided wedding then look at houses after. I couldn't do both.

I'm at the same point, Officiant, license, meeting the venue, and cake talk.

All this stress will be so worth it though, don't get discouraged.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm getting close to 190 days, I have my small stuff done, I also started everything the minute we had our date picked out. I only have the seating chart to do. The rest is up to my venue.

But still feel like I can do more. I have a feeling summer is going to be a busy one for me.

I'm excited but super nervous but it's worth it.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like you are getting there. I have all the small things, I just need to meet with the venue to finish the planning.

Good luck!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like you're right on schedule, so exciting to be so close.

I have all the small things done, finished everything this weekend.

Now I just have to wait closer to the date to meet the venue and plan the details for them.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you looked at Michaels or a nursery depending on if you want real or fake flowers?

I hate custom fee, like we aren't that far from each other.

Sounds like you are getting there.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good I am glad I am not the only on who's excited/nervous and impatient. lol

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

FH also procrastinator, mind you him and his BM have a color the boys will wear so I was impressed.

Sounds like you are on schedule.

• Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

210 days to go!!

We've got all the big stuff booked and working on details like table decor, favors (if any), florals.
    I need all my bridal items except the dress! Haha My FH needs to find his attire and ring... procrastinating..lol.
    Ready to book our food and dessert tastings and nail down the menu. Still working on the day of timeline and our rehearsal party.
    Lots to do but not in any sort of panic. Lots of items to still check off!!
    Happy planning ladies!

• Stevie
    Frequent user September 2023 Ontario
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    189 days left 🙋🏻‍♀️

Most of our big things are done, just working on decor and invitations now. Our dresses should be in any day now - sooo excited/nervous/impatient LOL
  • Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

176 days! I just got the food figured out with the venue, but have a lot of sewing and decor stuff to do. I'm not sure about where to buy flowers that aren't pre-arranged (like, if I can just buy a bunch of hydrangeas, that would be lovely, but all the local websites say they sell pre-arranged stuff that's out of budget) so that will take some time. We also haven't talked about music yet (no dancing, so we need to figure out the ceremony music, and what kind of background music we want for the start of the reception), but know we're renting a sound system for the ceremony outside.

Where I'm DIYing my own clothes, I'm currently deciding between which buttons I want to get between a few Swarovski ones, and hoping to order my supplies tomorrow. My test run went well, so I know my pattern works well. I'm just dreading customs fees for a $250 order from the US.

I'm glad my family is supportive and skilled, with things like sewing, and music, so I'm glad I can rely on them to help out. I'm also planning to ask some church friends to do decor and cakes, as they're fantastic at it! It's just a matter of getting everything organized.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics