Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Are your siblings and in-laws in the wedding party?

Lynnie, on March 11, 2019 at 13:05

Posted in Plan a wedding 44

What did you decide about siblings and future in-laws and your wedding party? Are you including everyone? Or only if you're super close? If they aren’t in the wedding party, are you including them in another part of the wedding? Photo from Michael Fels Beauty | Hair | Makeup in Vancouver

What did you decide about siblings and future in-laws and your wedding party? Are you including everyone? Or only if you're super close?

If they aren’t in the wedding party, are you including them in another part of the wedding?

undefined

Photo from Michael Fels Beauty | Hair | Makeup in Vancouver

44 Comments

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not everyone is included- my sister is a bridesmaid, my FH has two brothers who are groomsmen, his sister is not involved as she has two young kids to look after but they will be attending the wedding.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, my sister is in the wedding party. His sister (who has special needs) will be an usher. His brother is not involved at all (convicted felon and drug addict). My nieces are our flower girls, his niece and nephew are not (very poorly behaved and at 10 years old, I am more worried they will have a melt down in the aisle than our 2 and 5 year old flower girls!)

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren’t including everyone. I have my sister as my MOH and my FHs brother is his best man. We did not include my FHs sister or her husband.

we did ask his sister if she could bless the food. We will be asking cousins we are close with to do readings at the church as well.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a younger brother and my FH has a sister. They are both in the wedding party since we only had to worry about one sibling each.

My FH has a half-brother he's not close to but is coming to the wedding, he's one of those people who doesn't like the spotlight, so he's attending as a guest.

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister is my MOH and his sister is my bridesmaid. Both his brother and his best friend since childhood are joint best men, so it's an all around family affair!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All of our siblings! my sister is a bridesmaid, and my brother is a ring bearer. his sister will be our flower girl and his brother is a second ring bearer Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only have the one sister so yes! She is my MOH!

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have 4 siblings: my 2 sisters and I are triplets so were super close, they're my maid of honours. My 2 brothers and my FH are very close so they are groomsmen.
    My FH has one sister and a brother in law. I decided that his sister would be one of my bridesmaids. He went back and forth but ultimately just didnt have the room for his BIL.
    Otherwise our wedding party is very much a family affair with 5 siblings and 3 friends making it up.
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both of my sisters and bridesmaids- but we didn't include any of his 5 siblings in the party. He is not close with them.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yep! My FH has a sister and we have become really good friends! I knew I wanted her on my bridal party long before we got engaged!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I included 2 of my sisters- initially not right away did I have both due to a falling out.

1 of his sisters

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have included almost all of them! I have a brother and sister. FH has 1 brother and 2 sisters.

My sister is my MOH, and my brother is a groomsman.

Both FH sisters and sister in law will be my bridesmaids.

I also have 2 step sisters who were not included because realistically we are not as close as i am with the rest of the siblings.

For us it was easier to include our immediate siblings, and who we have a relationship with. Also numbers wise, this was what we wanted as we didn't want a huge wedding party.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics