Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen
VIP June 2018 Ontario

Are you using a hashtag?

Jen, on January 8, 2018 at 16:18

Posted in Plan a wedding 43

I've read sooooo many things about keeping your hashtag short if you're going to use one for the day of the wedding but we absolutely had to have this one as! We are also going to make a custom snapchat filter for the day of as well! How many of you are doing or have done this? What did you choose...

I've read sooooo many things about keeping your hashtag short if you're going to use one for the day of the wedding but we absolutely had to have this one as! We are also going to make a custom snapchat filter for the day of as well!

How many of you are doing or have done this? What did you choose for your hashtag and for your filter?

Hashtag signcfb_21541.jpg

43 Comments

• Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don't want the cost of a photographer at the reception so we agreed on a hashtag and having some family members who enjoy photography to bring along their cameras. Good way to get some candid shots of the wedding day!
  • Sidni
    Frequent user July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Sidni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are definitely having a hashtag and getting a snap chat filter. We have a lot of friends that will use them throughout the day and I think it will be awesome. I don't think it matters the length of your hashtag but you should make it well known to your guests and start using it before the wedding too so that your friends see it on social media. This will make them remember to use it on your day.
  • Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your friends will appreciate it!

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thats cute! And its okay to have a long hashtag if its well advertised. Once a few people use it it should automatically pop up so I suggest having your bridesmaids or friends use it early on (maybe even the bachelorette or bridal shower) so it will show up.

We will definitely have a hashtag and Snapchat filter. It's an easy way to get to see guests photos. Neither or us have bug families so our guest list is 75% friends between the ages of 25-40 - lots of social media users.
  • Charlene
    Curious May 2018 Ontario
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No..I don't think he wants our wedding photos to be all over social media. We'll just keep it intimate
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we will. We want a Snapchat filter too!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a cute hashtag!

My FH asked me if we're doing a hashtag.. and I started being like OMGERD WHAT WILL IT BE.. then I realized, I'm not really fussed either way.

Maybe some of our guests will think of something funny but I am very uncreative apparently when it comes to hashtags.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I kinda feel like that too, except I have a decent amount of social media. That's why we are on the fence about it, don't really get the point, kinda silly. But if anyone post any we will see it by searching the hashtag I guess lol
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well, that would be why you don't get the point. No biggie. It's not for everyone.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not interested in having a hashtag. I actually don't really get the point... And, I'm not on a lot of social media.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't brought this up to my fiance yet but I just no he won't like it very much lol he isn't one for stuff like that so I'm really not sure if he will. Plus we are having a small wedding so it might be pointless, but still definitely considering it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics