Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Are you inviting new boyfriends and girlfriends?

Lynnie, on November 20, 2017 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

This week we're finding out all about your guest list, and who made the cut!

Time to spill! Who's in and who's out?

Are you inviting new boyfriends and girlfriends? Did they make the cut?

I'm all for inviting someone's partner, but do I have to invite your girlfriend of two weeks? We have to draw the line somewhere!

giphy.gif

>> Next question: Are you inviting your parents' friends you've never met?

To start from the beginning, click here: The Guest List: Who's in and who's out?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Jessie, on June 13, 2018 at 11:57
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Only if they are plus 1's and that's who they choose to bring.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't unless we knew any of our family members in a relationship.
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes. I'm going to address long term couples on envelopes, but if other people ask about bringing guests I will let them. Its expensive but I refuse to be single-shamey/discriminate against new couples.

• Dani
    Frequent user February 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Only long term couples

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're planning on sending out save the dates soon, so we already have our guest list pretty well figured out... if people aren't in a relationship already, we probably won't be giving them a plus one. For the people we aren't giving plus ones to, we'll make sure they are put at tables with people they know and are friends with!

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will probably end up inviting the new girlfriends of two of our friends, if they think it might be getting serious. What’s two more people?Smiley smile
  • Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a small guest list and knew which guests had long-term serious relationships and which didn't. That being said, one guest who we did not give a plus one to apparently didn't come because of that. And honestly, she was dating 2 guys at the time we sent our invites out and 2 different guys by the time we had our wedding, so seriously, what did she expect?! When your guest list is only 35 people, you want those people to be people you know. Otherwise, may as well have a huge wedding, right? And, for the record, she never asked us if she could bring someone, just complained to someone else and then we heard it form them. Maybe we would have said yes if she asked!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the most part no but one of the groomsmen met his girlfriend at the beginning of August so we allowed him to bring her to our end of September wedding.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are only inviting significant others of those who have been in a relationship for a year or more.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It depends on how old the person is with a new boyfriend/girlfriend! If they are more serious than yes! If they are super young (16/17) maybe not.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of our guests have been in a relationship long term. I think there are just three that aren't so we will give them a plus one.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went small enough that we allowed everyone who wasn't married to bring a guest of their choosing. Most chose to fly solo, but we wanted to give everyone the chance to bring someone.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No, we aren't giving plus ones to anyone but our wedding party and only the ones who are engaged or have been together a year +
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only had 36 guests so we were fine with people bringing plus ones. The only people bringing plus ones was my friend and my father in law. We were nervous about my FIL's guest because he is kind of dating multiple people lol but she was super sweet!
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

About 80% of our single friends asked us if they could bring their current SO and we felt bad saying yes but we have never met any of these SOs -_-

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope! We are drawing the line at significant others we have met. If i dont know what their name is (i know most of them) to put it on the invitation when they go out then they do not get an invite. Reason being we are trying to keep numbers as low as we can but have alredy invited too many people. AND i dont want people i dont know at my wedding. Everyone that has been invited will know a LARGE amount of the orher people there so we arent concerned about them having nobody they know to chat with or sit with. The couple people that wont know many people we will extend a plus 1 too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics