Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Are you inviting everyone who asks?

Lynnie, on November 4, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 26

Do you have a small problem with extending verbal invitations to people who weren't necessarily on your A list? Do you have a hard time not inviting someone if the wedding comes up in conversation? Sometimes it can be really tough to stay strong when someone's fishing for an invite!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Thanks for giving us the dirty details on all your guest list decisions! If you missed any questions, you can see them all linked here: Who made your guest list?

On a roll? Make sure you didn't miss these other recent games: Paint It Black! , What if…?! Unlimited Budget!, and One or More?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Vika, on November 26, 2019 at 15:34
  • Vika
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Vika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I find myself having the opposite problem, where we have some people who we do not know as well but who I would like to invite just for fun, but worry that they would think it's weird. The specific example is my colleagues at my new job I started a few weeks back. I remember my mom going to weddings for her colleagues many a time, but they were people she's known for years. Any thoughts? Smiley smile

• Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope, my sister-in-laws friend asked me if she could be invited and i said sorry, small wedding. then she asked if she can come after dinner for the party and i just walked away lol

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely not - we have a set amount at our location which makes it a bit easier to say no to people because we just don't have the capacity.

• C
    Newbie August 2020 Prince Edward Island
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a small wedding, so no, but it's so hard when people ask!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only had one former coworker ask. And she wasn’t invited.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't had that happen but if anyone did who's not already on the list, absolutely not.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have only had one person fish for an invitation, and they are a toxic person I don't even like. It wasn't hard to say a more polite version of "Hell no" (Limited space/budget)

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely not
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely not. I sort of get all awkward but don't say anything and try to move on. Thankfully there's only 17 days so no one is really asking anymore

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not at all! We have limited space.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

1 was an exemption that I had known for years when showing the wedding card and couldn't make it after all.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    To the party, yes. If you want to come "crash the wedsing"" then no problem!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope! I had the "budget and spacing" excuse down pat!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutely not!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope! ive been telling people no loll!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope! Though we haven't had many people ask outside of a few co-workers.

We're finding most people assume they aren't invited and are excited when we tell them they are

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No! lol. its our day, we invited who we wanted,and didn't really listen to anyone else lol

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no. We’ve had enough guest list woes and costs that not just anybody is coming.
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have been lucky that we haven’t had any one ask as of yet. It probably helps that those who I talk to about the wedding are already invited, and I tend not to talk about it to those not in my tight circle of family and friends....outside of the WW community of course lol!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably not. If that person was on our maybe list we probably would.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HA! No.
    We had one rule during planning : No decisions were to be made without the other partner there. So if something came up, we'd say "That's a good question/idea/suggestion, let me talk to my partner and get back to you on that"
    This way, we didn't feel left out of a decision and weren't caught off guard either.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not looking forward to our annual Christmas get together that FH's Grandma always hosts for this reason. We're not inviting all of FH's aunt's/uncle's/cousins because A) there's so many of them, it almost doubles our guest list and B) this Christmas party is the only time we see them during the year. So I'm trying to come up with the right things to say when it's brought up now so I'm not put on the spot. But I'll have to stay strong no matter what since deposits and details have already been given to all my vendors for a certain number of people
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, we've been pretty lucky though that we've only had one person fishing for an invite that I can recall.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

NOPE! A lot of people asking were my cousins who are under 18 so I was unable to invite them. Plus farm people are nosy and think you owe them an invite even though you have only seen them twice in your life...

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not inviting anyone not on your guest list. Though if my minimum is not meet I may invite some extra. I will let them know why they got the invite late.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely not.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics