Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Are you exchanging love letters on the wedding day?

Lynnie, on April 4, 2018 at 13:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20

Some people do a first look or a first touch, and some couples exchange gifts on the wedding day - but one of my favorite traditions is couples exchanging love letters on the wedding day! Smiley heart

Are you sending your future spouse a special note?

Are you exchanging love letters on the wedding day? 1

Photo by Hope Linzee Photography in Fort St. John, BC

Are you exchanging love letters on the wedding day? 2

Photo by Aniket Sananse Photography in Brampton

20 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on April 16, 2018 at 14:43
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did not exchange letters. Our vows were our letters to each other.

• Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be exchanging letters. We have each bought a card for writing to our daughter that I miscarried last July. We did a lot of journaling together for a few weeks months after to help heal. We are getting married on what would have been her first birthday. So in a sense it will both be a letter to my FH and my daughter and just including all the love I have for them both. The letters will then be kept in her special box. We will also share before the dinner a small speech about how special the day is and thanking our guests coming to celebrate the day with us.
  • Sarah
    Frequent user December 2018 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing love letters for each of us to read as we are getting ready. At the ceremony we will just be doing the regular vows. With Jesus of course 💕
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s very beautiful ☺️
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My FH has his own way of saying how much he loves me. while he is a person of few words, his loving & caring actions say it all. i love that he’s become more sensitive to my needs without me having to say much.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly this! Mt FH is the same way.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First look preferred.
    he's not the greatest at writing a letter (more laziness than anything, really!), and I'm more likely to cry...
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be writing him a letter, but I plan on giving it to him after the wedding (don't need tears before! just kidding) His love language is words of affirmation, and I am very bad at telling him things, I am much better at writing it so it will be my surprise to him!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes we are, I saw this picture and fell in love. We are not doing a first look so I think this will help calm our nerves and get out some emotions too.

Are you exchanging love letters on the wedding day? 3
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wont be exchanging letters to read before the wedding but we will have letters to place into our wine box during the ceremony.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is such a cute idea!!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I exchanged letters the night before. We were going to be spending the evening apart so thought it would be a perfect time to read letters from one another. It was super cute and I loved having that as a memory before I fell asleep for the evening!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be for sure! I love the idea I think it's super cute!

I also plan on sending a secret message up the isle with one of my flower girls to give to my Fiance as he stands at the front waiting for me!

It'll just say something cute like "I can't wait to kiss you"

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know for sure if we're doing this.. as in I don't know if my FH will write me a note.

We are doing our own vows, but I've also purchased one of those love books and had it filled out with about 15 reasons WHY I love him/am saying I do. It also shows a few of our special moments and the last page is blank for me to write in my vows after the wedding.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be doing a first look.

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're exchanging handwritten vows to read quietly, we're very personal about our relationship and affection so it felt weird to say that out loud in front of everyone! We'll do a few traditional vows after though.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This was exactly like our decision! We decided not to write our own vows, and instead share our mushy love sentiments and quirky promises through private notes! Smiley heart

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I already agreed to repeat after me vows, instead of hand written vows in the ceremony. So to me, anything I would want him to say then, the personal, mushy-gushy stuff, I would love to do in love notes before the ceremony. Perhaps before I do my make-up... Haha.

I've seen photos like this, and it makes me really want to have that moment... we are doing our photos pre-ceremony (winter wedding, need the light), so we could definitely do something like this before our first look!

Are you exchanging love letters on the wedding day? 4

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are Smiley smile our videographer will record them a well.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's really sweet! I wouldn't mind sending my FH a little love note before the big event! We'd have to keep it short though, because I know we'd both be repeating ourselves with our vows haha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics