Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Are you DIYing your wedding day hair and makeup?

Lynnie, on February 24, 2020 at 09:05 Posted in Beauty 0 34

Will you do your own hair and makeup for your wedding day? Or are you hiring a pro to help you primp??

Will you have an expert handling your hair and makeup? Or will you DIY on your wedding day? 💄

Are you DIYing your wedding day hair and makeup? 1

Photo by Danijela Weddings

Next Question: Are you DIYing your bouquets?

Back to the Beginning: DIY or Buying It?

34 Comments

Latest activity by Nicole, on May 28, 2020 at 14:45
  • Nicole
    Newbie June 2022 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    DIY for me, even if I wasn't trying to keep my budget low. I'll be getting my sister and mum to help with my hair though, as they have for many fancier occasions.
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hiring a pro!! I need to not worry about doing my makeup/ hair and let that’s work on me! Worth the money!
  • Carling
    Frequent user November 2021 Ontario
    Carling ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely hiring a pro for both! Just waiting for my veil to come in to do a trial!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a makeup artist coming to do my makeup and my aunt is doing my hair since she's a hair stylist!

• Sky
    Newbie September 2025 Alberta
    Sky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely doing my own makeup, as I'm a mua by hobby, but I'm having my fav hair dresser do my hair for my big dayyy
  • Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally DIY for me! Just purchased the rest of my makeup and I've been experimenting with eyeshadow looks and hairstyles. I'm going for natural with a bit of glam.

• Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hiring a pro! I want as little stress as possible, want to feel pampered and want my hair and makeup to last the whole time!

• Katrina
    Beginner May 2021 British Columbia
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly was going to do my own makeup, but after spending much already on moisturizers, primers, and setting sprays and not too mention the other make up needed im giving up and booked someone, lol My skin is dry, and picky which i solved so far but im not buying anymore since I wouldn't wear it ever again.

• Kenna
    Curious September 2023 Nova Scotia
    Kenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going kind of in between! My mother has a good friend from childhood who is a hairdresser and we'll be asking her to do the hairstyles on the wedding day. My little sister and MOH is a makeup enthusiast, seriously she's amazing, and I've roped her into doing at least my makeup at the wedding, because I'm honestly hopeless at eyeshadow looks.

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely hiring a professional for this. My sister is a professional hairstylist and MUA so I may enlist her to do it. Though, i think for once she would like someone to do HER hair and makeup!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im hiring a pro. i want a certain look for my day. i do my makeup everyday myself which is great but i want to be pampered and ensured that my makeup will last

• P
    Newbie February 2021 Yucatán
    PaoMv ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not doing my hair but my own makeup YES!!! I’m too picky when it comes to makeup 😫😫
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally hired a pro as I am useless in this department.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Leaving both to the pros.

I am not that good at applying make-up to begin with, let alone for a fancy/special occasion. Smiley xd

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I let the pro’s do this!
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nooooo I'm bringing in the pros! I know I could totally do it myself but it just takes a huge load of stress off for myself and my bridesmaids and my mom and my grandma, so it'll be well worth it!
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m planning to DIY my bridesmaids hair with this awesome curler 😍 https://www.amazon.ca/dp/b01b4ic3qk/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jmhveb3nkws75

For makeup my cousins gf (who is a makeup artist!) is giving us an amazing discount to do a light and airy look.
    I think I might pamper myself and go get my own hair and makeup done... I’m not sure yet!!
    My inspiration for hair and makeup:
    Are you DIYing your wedding day hair and makeup? 2
    Are you DIYing your wedding day hair and makeup? 3

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a heck nope. I am useless when it comes to hair and makeup and I will gladly pay a professional to pamper me while I drink mimosas 😉
  • Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I MIGHT paint my own nails since I want something simple. But otherwise I have a lovely makeup artist who will be doing our hair and makeup morning of.
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend who is great with make up is doing mine and then I am getting my hair done professionally.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am not someone to be trusted to do hair or makeup. It would be a absolute fail if I did. I have hired someone to do that for me.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope not trusting myself to do my own hair and makeup for the day. The last thing I want is to attempt my own hair and then get frustrated if it doesn't turn out Smiley xd So I definitely hired a makeup artist and a couple of hair stylists for myself, my bridesmaids, and the women in the family if they want.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hiring a pro!

It was so much less stressful to know that someone else was doing my hair and makeup. Didn't have to wait on someone else

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutely not! trusting the pros here!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely hiring pros for this! Can't wait to get all glammed up.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No DIY here - we're having a hair and make up artist come in for both me and my MOH.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No DIY. I had a HMUA because I really suck at doing my own hair and I'm not too skilled with makeup.

• Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My moh is trained in hair and makeup and has offered to do mine and for bridal party (2 bridesmaids). I was thinking it would be nice to go get our nails done a day or two before with the bridal party.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I'm doing my own makeup but will be getting my hair/nails done by the pros.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've only ever gotten my makeup done professionally a few times so I decided to splurge on this one and hire a HMUA, I'm treating my bridesmaids and groomsmaids to having their makeup done too!

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wish...😂 The only beauty DIY I'll be doing is my nails. I'm hopeless when it comes to hair and makeup.
  • Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely not lol I’m completely useless in this department, going to let the pros take care of it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics