Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Are items a must in your photos?

Carine, on October 7, 2022 at 14:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 21

I was seeing pictures of wedding items and was wondering if that was a decision, a recommendation or just something your photographer took as a spare?

Is this a must have on your list, do you regret not having it done?

Example of topic

Are items a must in your photos? 1

21 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on November 10, 2022 at 09:35
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such a great idea. I have a few must haves, and the rest is open.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same and for the day of the wedding. We had some poses for the engagement too he could view on pinterest.
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awe no, was this before the ceremony?

I spoke to my photographer, and he is open to a list but also was just going to go with the flow.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographer was amazing and asked to send a list of family to be added in the photos for getting ready and what shots we wanted to get done. There were a lot taken so that it could be memorable along with our accessories for both the wedding and reception. The welcome package was also taken as well as the little details though the rings were forgotten in the rose cases.

• Lorraine
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Lorraine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow that gives me something new to look into!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Never thought of it that way, I am one to lose my engagement ring, I've misplaces it once, he wasn't happy. Smiley atonished But I knew it was in the house, lol just wasn't sure where and I thought I had put it back on.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like it when it looks well done, but not when it seems like it was an afterthought for sure.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love it when the rings are added in flowers, or with the dress and suit.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like that, these are nice.

• Katrina
    Curious October 2023 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's a nice touch to add in to your wedding album! I especially love the shots of rings in the bouquet or adding in a shot of your stationary. Are items a must in your photos? 2

• Katrina
    Curious October 2023 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This shot is amazing!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think its nice to have these detail shots to look back on incase something happens to the actual items. Like if I were to accidentally lose my wedding earrings, I might like to look back on the pictures. To help make it easier for my photographer, I put all the detail items (jewelry, hair piece, vow books, rings, etc) in one box so everything was already together for her. She did the detail pictures in between the getting ready photos.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

And can't lie, the way the photographers storyboard the item shots really make them feel like more than just stuff.

Are items a must in your photos? 3

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good photographers will know to get detail shots of space and items. It helps tell your story for the day. They won't do it if it means sacrificing other shots of course. My brother in law's videographer missed my father in law's speech because he was stupidly trying to get b-roll of a tea cup. Couldn't find any other moment to film that cup?

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They weren’t on my list to take, but they did get a few of everything together. She took some with our invite too, just don’t have those back yet Are items a must in your photos? 4
    Are items a must in your photos? 5

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think it's one of those things I won't go out of my way to do it, but if it's there I won't hate it.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I guess I will see closer to the date, or if he manages to do something, it's hard to say what they capture.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't think of having these types of photos taken, we were focusing more onthe family and friends pics. However, I am seeing them more and more and really like the idea so I may include a few of these on our photo request list...

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am not sure if this is something I want, if he takes pictures fine, but my main focus is like you mentioned the candid shots. My main priority is the girls getting ready, the photos of the guests, ceremony, first dance.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't have it on our list our photographers took them just because! And I'm so glad that they did!
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a very non traditional wedding in the sense that we only booked our photographer for the evening and it really was more like a reception that guests were arriving into (5pm-11pm) so it was not important to me to have the photographer photograph certain items such as rings, flowers, etc. however I did give a list of Decor items because I took the time to set them all up - guestbook signing station, welcome sign, food, place settings. These things were important because I am big on details but mainly I asked the photographer to focus on plenty of in the moment action shots, candid photos of guests smiling and laughing - ideally I want to look at the photos and kind of be able to relive all of the fun again - this was important to me. If there is no limit on photos though why not have them all done : )

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics