Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Featured August 2023 Alberta

Anyone Else Starting to get the Jitters?

Brittany, on March 24, 2023 at 10:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 24

Hello Everyone!

My wedding is officially less than 5 months out and I gotta say, I am starting to feel the nerves, excitement and a little bit of stress that comes with having a wedding.

Before I was always saying I have more than enough time to get things done and find the last few items I need for our wedding but lately I have been so indecisive about the littlest things that it takes me a long time to decide LOL.

Like I was 100% certain about what I was going to do with my hair last year and now I have no idea what I want to do since my trial is coming up in a month.

Time has been going SO fast and I feel with working full-time, all the appointments that we have had and the tons I still have, I just can't keep up. I am always tired and I can't really just stay home and have a relaxing weekend. It always go go go. Friends having babies, baby showers; it just never stops.

I need an other vacation before the wedding LMAO.

The big thing for me is that I just want the day to come faster so I can see all the family, deal with the chaos for the week everyone is here and just CHILL.

How are you guys feeling?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Jordyn, on March 30, 2023 at 21:57
  • Jordyn
    Curious July 2023 Manitoba
    Jordyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    AHHHH YESSS 😄😊🥰
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had a lot wedding nightmares when I first got engaged and started looking. I had no idea weddings were THAT more expensive. It seems like every we would reach out about a wedding the prices were jacked 200% more than any other type of event.

So my nightmares consisted of a really crappy version of our wedding that looked cheap.

I would wake up in tears! So we decided to have a long engagement to be able to afford the cost of our dream wedding. 2.5 years after the engagement we finally say I do in the mountains in Banff, Alberta.

• Katrina
    Curious October 2023 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm about 200 days away from mine and I FEEL YOU GIRL. I keep getting waves of excitement/nerves/anxiety thinking how much still needs to be done. We can't even have a first details appointment with our venue until 4 months before our wedding day which is the main stressor right now I think. My FH and I got engaged October 2021, and booked our venue right away for October 2023 so it's been a long wait LOL. I'd like to just get in there and hammer out the details so it's all ready to go!
    Is anyone else having wedding nightmares like me? I have re-occuring dreams that it's the wedding day and the invites were never sent/no one RRSP'd/ I never booked my hairstylist. It's driving me crazy haha.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's going to be perfect and yes; I will be glowing and happy from the wedding and the baby.

Wedding September 30th and baby November 14th. Smiley shame

• Patricia
    Beginner September 2023 Manitoba
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    STRESSED my wedding is 6 months away and still so much to do and no help from the wedding party at all!
  • Maria
    Beginner May 2023 Alberta
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    SAME girl! 🤣😍
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are going to have your hands full - of JOY!!! Smiley heart

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley heart Thank you, very exciting but even more jitters. It's going to be a crazy summer.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Julie, we are both very excited but we now feel the pressure, we thought this summer was going to be a busy one just because of the wedding, but now it's baby planning and wedding. Smiley heart My heart is just full right now.

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no! Since you changed it, I’m sure it will be stunning now! Don’t imagine that takes any of the stresses away, but I really do hope it does soon!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How exciting!!!! congrats to you both Smiley heart

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL I was totally chill about everything until Mid-February, then that is when the stress starting hitting me like a ton of bricks. I have everything booked and slowly but surely getting the little things that we are almost done purchasing/renting. But at this point, I just get a pit in my stomach from worrying if it is going to look ok or not.

When I first got engaged I had a dream about the wedding and it focused on the decorations and set up; it was UGLY and horrendous. So I keep worrying it is going to look like that.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG Congratulations! That is so exciting Smiley smile

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds super hectic! I can’t imagine what you’re going through, reading your post feels intense so I can understand the feeling of wanting to take time off to relax and relive.
    We’re still 7 months away, which may be the reason I’m not feeling any of the stressors. After reading about all your experiences I’m now mentally preparing for it. Good luck with everything!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I was feeling the jitters and stress and then we found out we were pregnant, so the stress went higher, especially having purchased my dress and no refunds.

But it's okay we are happy to have this amazing news and to finally be getting married.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know!!!! Crazy will happen in 2 weeks eeeeeeek!!!

I was confident with my new MUA - showed her several looks i was thinking of and then I asked for her opinion as well. It turned out amazing! Minor touches need to be tweaked day of but other than that, loved it! I'm sure your trial will go amazing! Stand firm and speak up if you are unsure or definitely do not like it Smiley smile

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! 43 days - I would be going crazy lol. Im nervous for my trial - hoping it goes the way I want it too.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Super excited for the honeymoon. I also took the whole week after off to just relax.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel ya! I have been excited once the new year came around, but now that we are at the end of March I'm starting to feel the pressure.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good to know! I have been obsessing about how I want my hair too look and that is a really good point I didn't even think of!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG...I was just going to create a post on this exact same thing!!! LOL

43 days and counting and WOW!!! Excited beyond words! If you could see my calendar SMH...fully booked appointments with either Venue, Vendors, Hair, Fittings. And 100% agree - i thought I would have tons of time for all my DIY stuff. Just realized I better get to it and start putting it all together. Just did some last night, boxed and labelled per room. I feel like i'm all over the place too. Between full time job, mother, partner, social butterfly and Bride - it's insane. In the zone and can't be stopped! Smiley laugh

So glad I found a MUA who was able to do my trial this week and LOVE IT! She got exactly what I wanted, no problems! (you all know that story Smiley angry )

• Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can definitely relate! Mine is just under 6 months out and I feel all over the place. Trying to plan a wedding while continuing on with your normal adult life is exhausting and stressful for a perfectionist like me. Couple that with going through all of the getting married thoughts, what a huge deal and commitment this is, and then top it off with intense excitement and happiness. And then also being there for the monumental moments my people are having like yours; babies, their own weddings etc. My poor fiancé, I am a little emotionally volatile atm lol. Like you, I just can't wait for the day so I can enjoy all the planning and work that went into it and having everyone we love around us.

Man the honeymoon will be a much-needed vacation!

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

With 209 days to go (but who's counting Smiley shame ) our excitement level is off the charts! I'm sure the nerves will start in July when we are only 90 days out.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So exciting!

We had our wedding last August and honestly, I had so much ready prior that I was anxiously waiting for the day so bad to happen and then it was the day of, and it was all just a blur LOL it's like I totally went out of planning mode, and just floated through the day because I was feeling all the emotions LOL - it's a crazy feeling but amazing to see all of your hard work come together.

A tip about the hair, I also changed my hair a few months before and just a tip, it might be a style you love but make sure it's a style you love IN PHOTOS because that is really what you have to look back on. I had this intricate work done all in the back and then realized, none of the photos would really capture it dead on/profile so I ended up going softer, with a couple curled pieces down in face and more simple in the back. Just something to keep in mind! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics