Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sharon
Frequent user October 2017 Alberta

Anyone else having a wedding on a ranch?

Sharon, on September 27, 2016 at 23:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Hey guys! We just chose on our venue and decided to have our wedding on a ranch close to Calgary in October next year. We're going for a chic rustic style. And I'm wondering who else is getting married on a ranch?? I'd love to exchange ideas Smiley smile Here are a few boards I really like. Please get in touch if you like the same stuff!! Smiley heart

Ceremony Ranch

Ceremony Ranch

Lighting Idea

Lighting Idea

Directions Ranch

Directions Ranch

Table Setting

Table Setting

Ranch Idea

Ranch Idea

Can't wait to meet you country brides!! Smiley winking

8 Comments

Latest activity by Jodi, on July 19, 2017 at 15:58
  • Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love these ideas ladies, im also getting married at a ranch close to Calgary in September of 2018!!

• Amanda
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can take a look at what I am doing for some of the things - I have a bunch of photos on my profile that I shared a while back. My colours are quite bright (summer wedding), but yellow and teal are basically the only two - and yellow is only there because of the sunflowers. Smiley smile

Glad you liked the lemon idea, I think it works well with what you've told me about your wedding so far.

• Sharon
    Sharon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks so much Mandi!!!! I really love the idea of putting lemon into these flower vases, I think I'll use this idea for my centerpieces! I really like these soft pastel colours Smiley smile

What will you do for you centerpieces? Hope you're doing well Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Soft Colours

Soft Colours

Since you mentioned yellow!!

Since you mentioned yellow!!

• Sharon
    Sharon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for your reply!! I love your ideas! I can't wait to see how you're DIYs will look like! Smiley smile

I'll definitely have a look at your pictures! I want to do a lot of things DIY myself, I just have loads to do before hand.

For the flowers I was thinking of roses, or something purple like lavender since it's the colours we're going for.

Flower idea centerpiece

Flower idea centerpiece

I also like the idea of sunflowers since as sweet lemon colours would go well with purple. I just had the idea today when I saw the post Smiley smile

What is your favourite colour palette for Spring?

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sharon,

LOVE all of those photos - and wish I could bring in hay for that couch. So awesome! Smiley smile If you look at some of the photos I posted you'll see what I am doing. Our venue is Bean Town Ranch! Horse-drawn carriage for my entrance and guests are taken to ceremony site in a horse-drawn buggy! Lots of wooden area for photos, as well as some interesting old farm pieces scattered around the property for photo-ops.

Our dinner, however, is inside - but it's a very rustic hall, lots of wood and older elements that make it truly country.

I really love the table setting photo you posted! Best part is that you can do most of it yourself to save $$. I've already started collecting mason jars for the stuff I need to make. If you buy Classico Alfredo (or Tomato) sauce you just have to let them soak in hot water for 10 mins and the labels/glue come right off. Cool right? A nice dinner, and also something "free" to help you DIY your wedding. Smiley smile

What are you thinking for flowers? I've chosen sunflowers and baby's breath (very simple). The bride of the wedding I was in last summer bought all fake flowers (started 8 months out of the wedding). It was less expensive - and I still have my bouquet, could be a cool idea?! They looked amazing and no one knew they were fake. Smiley tongue

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sharon Smiley heart

Thanks for sharing these inspirations! I think it's wonderful that you're coming up with all these great ideas. Smiley smile You should get in touch with Amanda who is also getting married on a ranch and having a country theme!

8 ideas for a cowboy theme wedding

Did you also have a look at these ideas, since you're getting married in fall?

Wedding Dress Cover Ups for Fall / Spring

Will you wear boots under your wedding dress?

There are a few that could really add to your ranch wedding. Are you planning to do any accessory in DIY?

• Maddy
    Frequent user June 2017 Ontario
    Maddy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey sharon!! unfortunately, i'm not having a wedding on a ranch but i have a friend who did and it was really great. super friendly, everything seemed so simple - although i know it's because there was a lot of organization behind it Smiley xd but yeah... it was amazing!! i love the ideas you have. the last picture of the sofa is really creative. if you can do it, you totally should go for it!! my friend also has this one on her pinterest board!!! Smiley winking

Long Hay Couch Ranch

Long Hay Couch Ranch

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics