Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaisha
Super March 2019 Nova Scotia

Anyone doing their own makeup?

Kaisha, on April 20, 2018 at 15:16 Posted in Beauty 0 30

I am not very good at makeup but my bridesmaids both are amazing? Would it be rude to ask one of them to do mine or should I hire someone?

30 Comments

Latest activity by Kirste, on July 12, 2018 at 23:16
  • K
    British Columbia
    Kirste ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
  • Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! I have asked them and they are going to help me out and we will hire someone to do our hair.

• Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hired a make up artist, but if that falls through I'm going to do my own. Sometimes people get double booked etc so I will have my products available just in case.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm sure ththeththey would love to get the chance to do your makeup!

Bring pictures and ask them to do a trial run first to see what you do or do not like 😊😊
  • Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's true, my bridesmaids are both very comfortable with doing makeup thankfully. My sister used to help me out when we first started dating also.
  • Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone! I talked to my bridesmaids and they are both ok with helping with my makeup and doing there own!
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not rude at all to ask! You did ask them to be your bridesmaid to help with wedding related tasks. I think either of them would be honoured that you asked. If you feel confident in their skills, no reason to spend the money on hiring someone either.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It wouldn't be rude to ask; however, some may be nervous doing your makeup if they don't do makeup on others often and/or might want to spend that time on themselves so it depends on who you ask.

• Shannon
    Curious July 2019 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing my own foundation and lips but my lovely SIL/bridesmaid is helping me with my eyes. She was super flattered I asked!
  • Charmaine
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Charmaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sure they'd be thrilled if you asked. My niece is one of my bridesmaids and when I asked her she was overjoyed. We did one test run and we have narrowed down the look I want, so just need to find the right color scheme.

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One of my bridesmaids and close friends is a makeup artists. I asked her pretty much right away and she said she didn't mind either way. Once we started planning and I thought about it I decided to hire a makeup artist. I wanted her to truly enjoy the whole process of being a bridesmaid without having to work as well. Her only stipulation was that I let her do her own makeup!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could ask them if they'd be comfortable doing that for you. I'd say just don't be hurt if they say "no" because they want to relax getting ready on your big day.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You should definitely ask! My sister will be doing my makeup!
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing my own makeup and hair and hiring someone for my bridesmaids. I don’t think it’s rude at all to ask for help, it’s a sign that you trust them.
  • Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats a great plan, I am not worried about being nervous and shaky but my bridesmaid could be. Definitely something to consider.

• Kristina
    Beginner August 2019 Quebec
    Kristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would highly recommend YouTube tutorials and loads of practice for all of you. Make it a fun girls night and do it a few times to be sure you like the looks. Keep in mind that we are often very nervous on our wedding day, will your hands be steady enough to apply make up and keep you feeling beautiful? I am doing my own pin up but if I feel it will be too much, I am willing to hire a make up artist.
  • Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone for the help! I think I will ask, I will also check with both to make sure they are ok with doing their own (I only have 2 bridesmaids). If they are ok I will probably do a trial soon to make sure she is comfortable with actually doing it. Thanks again!
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You should totally ask. There's no harm in that. I'm sure one of them will be happy to help. Make sure you have a trial with them though early, in case they don't feel comfortable with doing someone else's make-up Smiley smile
  • Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I rarely wear makeup and am not super good at it. So I’m going to hire a makeup artist for my wedding. But I am planning on doing my own makeup for my engagement session to save money.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Will be doing my own hair and asking a MUA friend for tips or to do it myself.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nah just ask! That's what they are there for! To help you and make your day the best it can be. We are hiring an artist though because there are so many of us.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think asking would be a good idea. It will Definetly cut cost on hiring a make up artist. Plus who knows your bridesmaid might be wanting to do it as well. You can also have trials so she could practise and you can see how it'll look. Also if you'll want to adjust something, she'll be able to know.
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just to clarify and not sound mean or anything; I didn't ask her to practice Smiley xd I asked her because of her doing hair skills in general and to me she doesn't have to practice anything at all, she's just really wants to try stuff out since she likes it.
    Since it's hair and make up most of the time I think it's a pretty similar thing when it comes to asking one of your friends or bridesmaids to do it right? Smiley smile
    She even te me when I thanked her for the 50th time that she was the one that was feeling honoured about it. So really don't worry Smiley smile
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Going to ask my sister who’s better at make up stuff. Otherwise would just do my own make up to save on costs.

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It might not be make up, but it's almost same sorta thing I guess?
    I asked one of my friends (even before she knew she was gonna be a bridesmaid) to do my hair, cause she's awesome at it. She was SUPER happy and excited and immediately started practising bridal hair on her sister and is really happy about it. Not that I expected that much excitement (I love her for it though) but this does make me think that it really isn't a bad thing to ask them to help you with it / do it for you
  • Colleen
    Curious October 2018 Alberta
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It would not be rude at all the ask one of them to help. Have a trial run and see the results and then decide. If they are good at applying makeup they might enjoy helping you on your special day.

• Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes its crazy expensive, I think I am going to talk to them as well. I would rather spend the money on hair.
  • Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I definitely don't have a certain look in mind, I don't wear a lot of make up on the average day so I don't want to wear a ton on my wedding either.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just talk to them! As of right now I plan on doing my own because I love how I do mine! And one of my bridesmaids is a makeup artist so we have the help! (I asked her)

From everywhere I've researched Bridal makeup is just soooo expensive.... so I've told my girls if we can figure out and do our own faces I'll get us someone to do our hair!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think its rude to talk to them about it. but they may not want the stress if it doesn't turn out how you hope/look (if you have a certain look in mind). and they may want having a makeup artist doing their makeup. because its always nice to get someone to do your make up.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics