Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Madii
Newbie November 2018 Ontario

Any do's and dont's for trying on dresses?

Madii, on January 13, 2018 at 11:27 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 13
Going to the London Bridal Expo tomorrow. Just wondering if there are certain things to consider for the first time trying on dresses I.e. hair up vs down, boots vs shoes (despite the weather), strapless bra vs. Something a little comfier or should I just be going to get ideas and have fun and not over think. Also is anyone else hitting the London Bridal Expo this weekend??

13 Comments

Latest activity by Madii, on January 23, 2018 at 11:52
  • Madii
    Madii ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Dress!! Any do's and dont's for trying on dresses? 1

• Madii
    Madii ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

The bridal expo in London (which it may be helpful to know there will be a second London bridal expo in September at the Western Fair District if you missed this one and wanted to go) was very helpful for ideas and getting a sense of what is out there, what things cost, that kind of thing. I even happened to enter a draw and win a round of golf with carts for 4 so that will be something to look forward to this summer! I guess I had been really looking forward to trying on dresses because I was a little disappointed that this was not something you could do at the expo. I ended up going to a shop down the street for the dress trying on experience later in the afternoon and found it didn't matter too much what I wore underneath, I even left my pants on and you couldn't tell. That being said I actually ended up finding my dress at the David's Bridal in Mississauga this past Saturday. I will post a picture following this!! So excited!

• Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saw this too late! How did it go?!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I read this late! I hope you found something. If you haven't I would suggest a strapless bra (nude colour) and nude underwear. Also don't limit yourself to one style, try on lots of different things.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you find your dress??

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How did the expo go? Did you find any great deals?
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Read the message too late. Hope you’re having a blast though!
  • Madii
    Madii ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey, it's at the western fair district from 11-5 today Smiley smile
  • Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wore a strapless bra but ended up trying dresses on without it and adding cups the store supplied. I wore simple underwear that wouldn't show through or show any lines. I put my hair up to better invision how it will look on the day of
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be wearing my hair the way I'll have it for the wedding. This way I get a look at what it will be like when its my wedding day. Also I plan to wear a bra with removable straps, this way if I try on a strapless I can just quickly remove my bra straps. But also go in, have fun with whoever you are bringing and also don't over think!
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also, where is it? I might go.
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pay attention to the underwear: they can really take down a very beautiful gown.
  • Sidni
    Frequent user July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Sidni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wore my hair up and it was really easy to add a veil to see what the while look would be like. At the dress shops that I went to they have you take off your shoes at the door and they also told me to take my bra off when trying on the dresses. Hope that helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics