Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Donna
Devoted August 2017 Quebec

Am i the only one not making a list for the wedding

Donna, on October 11, 2016 at 13:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

Hi everyone,

I don't know why but I can't seem to find the time to make a list to see what I need, What I done to make sure that everything is settle.

Can someone help me with this?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Donna, on November 8, 2016 at 07:24
  • Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's for sure Smiley smile

• Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're all in the same boat. Quite literally. Haha we are all here to help each other!!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're welcome dear! Let us know if we can help! Smiley heart How's the venue you chose for your reception? Maybe we could give you a few ideas of how you could decorate it for your ceremony too Smiley smile That way, it would still make it special! Will you have a special design for your email invitations? Smiley smile

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Chelsea, it helped a lot!

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Laura for helping. I am getting used to using list now, I need to Smiley smile

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Perfect Maly, I'll get on that. Smiley smile

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emilie!! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to send my invitations in time. Cause I'm still looking for my ceremoy venue. And I think that i am this close to choose the same place I am doing the reception for the ceremony.

And for the invitations, I am sending them by email cause everybody is so far away so me and my fiancé decided it will be best.

Thank you for all your help Emilie and everyone!Smiley heart

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I needed a list so I could keep track of everything. I made a rough list on my own and then I came on wedding wire and they have a list you can follow and you are able to add things in. You can keep track of what vendors you have booked and what still needs to be booked and there are checklists to check out with a timeline - for example "12 months before the wedding, 9 months before the wedding"... This can help you so you know when it might be a good time to start planning certain aspects of your wedding. You can also keep track of your budget on here.You can write in the estimate of the how much the vendor will be, then write in the total cost, how much you have paid off and keep track of any payments you have made and then it will tell you how much you owe. You can add things in here as well if you don't see it on the list. You are also able to keep track of guests on here... You can write in all the guests who are invited, if they are attending the wedding (after invites have been sent out of course), what meal they will be eating (kids, adults, vegetarian, gluten free, vegan ect), and you can arrange the tables and actually place the guests at the tables to see what works and what doesn't! I have found it to be super helpful! Anyways I hope all of this helps you out in some way!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This wedding wire has a great checklist for you that you can delete or add things that you want or don't want, as I think some others have already pointed out. I also googled and printed off a list that I like that I then copied into my own book because I like to write things down but you don't need to. I am using the 2 things to double check where I am. The budget tool is good on the site as well. Smiley smile

• Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi and welcome!!
    To be honest!! I got a Wedding planning binder! From My maid of honor. Chapters has them! There are fantastic time line lists. Like what to do a year before. 9 months. 6 months. Ect!! And they have check lists! That's what's been helping me! It's Like a step by step tutorial!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Donna Smiley heart How did your invitations turn out? Were you able to send them in the delays you had planned? How did they look like? Smiley smile I'd love to help you find ideas for your decor! What style and colours are you looking for? Smiley smile

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Emilie. I've already got my venues. Now I am looking for the big details, like photographer, decors, DJ and stuff. But the most important part is that I am doing the best I can on the invitations cause I want to send them at least next week.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Donna Smiley heart Welcome to the community!!

I'm so happy to see you participate in here! I know it can be hard to know where to start, but don't worry we've got you covered. Smiley winking As Melissa mentionned, there's a great tool you can find on the website to follow step by step and customize: It's the My To-Do List

I also made these checklists in the community to help you out and see what everyone is up to:

How To Start Planning Your Wedding

Checklist: Things to Do 12 months before the wedding

Checklist: Things to Do 9 months before the wedding

And every step of the way, you can count on us. Any doubt, question, we'll be there to anwer. Smiley smile

How far along are you in your preparations?

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Happy to help! Congratulations on your engagement!Smiley love

Keep posting as you mkae decisions so we can all see how your plans are going! The other brides on here are great if you need help with a choice or ideas!

• Donna
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you so much Melissa. Yeah I am gonna check the premade list. Thank you again

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel your pain! Getting organized is tough- I LOVE the pre made to-do list on wedding wire. (go to"my wedding, and it will drop down).

It has a premade list, that you can customize to suit your wedding! it helped me get on the right track.

I also found it easier to find my starting point by deciding what big important things I HAD to have (nice venue, certain date etc). Once you decide what parts matter most, book those, and arrange details around that.

A guest list is a good start too, as budget and venue options are heavily impacted by how many people are coming!

I hope this helps- but if it doesn't, please let me know what you are struggling with and I'll keep trying!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics