Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

All about dress codes!

Joey, on January 10, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6

Have any of your guests asked about the dress code for your wedding? How do you convey to your guests what kind of attire they'll be most comfortable in? What clues are you sending to your guests about the dress code of your wedding, whether knowingly or unknowingly? Or, have you ever been invited to a wedding and been totally confused about what to wear? Do you know what to do when you don't know the dress code? Share your dress code confusions here!

Will you and your guests keep it casual like Brandon and Lisa?All about dress codes! 1

Or will you flash your formal wear like Jonathan and Izabela?All about dress codes! 2

6 Comments

Latest activity by Kait, on January 14, 2018 at 21:05
  • Kait
    Beginner October 2018 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I listed it on our wedding website that I legitimately don't care what people wear just that they are there!
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Semi-formal/Cocktail attire.

I asked no guests to wear red as I told them those are the colors of the wedding party but in secret I will be wearing a red wedding dress instead of a white one. So I hope everyone will abide by my request.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a semi formal for the wedding and black tie attire for the reception. The ladies wore indian outfits oe long gowns and men wore suits.

MOH and Best Men had to wear certain colours. There was the request to wear red by the MOH and said no cause we wore red with white/ gold tones. 2 different outfits.

Aunt in law asked so she could cordinate with husbansds outfit.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like the general assumption for evening weddings is to dress semi-formal. I don't think i'll put anything on the invitation as I can't think of anyone we're inviting who wouldn't show up looking lovely!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't really care what my guests where tbh. If they ask, I'll let them know it's an outdoor ceremony (we will actually probably put this on the invitations) so people may dress a little more casual. But, if they come a little more formal, that's fine too. I feel like most of my guests will be semi-formal because that's how guests dressed at their weddings. Not sure about fiance's guests though.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We asked people to dress semi-formally for our wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics