Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jilgin
Beginner September 2018 Ontario

Ahead of Schedule

Jilgin, on April 12, 2018 at 16:44 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13

I seem to be ahead of schedule and all my DIY projects are all done ->stress free. But a lot of people have told me it never goes perfect the day of the wedding. Perfection is my weakness, as well as my OCD. How crazy does the day not go according to plan?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Mandy, on April 14, 2018 at 10:19
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the small things you won’t even notice it. I am also diy a lot of my things and would like to be done a couple months before the wedding that way I can relax and just have fun.
  • Jilgin
    Jilgin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley smile Smiley smile Smiley smile Smiley smile

• Jilgin
    Jilgin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the awesome advice Smiley smile

• Brenna
    Beginner March 2018 Alberta
    Brenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think people say that just so you can expect that things may not go as planned and then you are a little more mentally prepared for it.

We just got married two weeks ago and I kept waiting for something to go wrong lol.

Fortunately for us, everything went off without a hitch!

If you are happy with what you have planned and have good, open communication with those helping you with your wedding, you should be fine Smiley smile

When one of my girlfriend's got married, her biggest thing was everything was about 30 minutes behind schedule but in the end it all worked out as well.

Expect the unexpected and then if it doesn't happen, you'll get to enjoy the feeling of everything running smoothly as planned Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think people say that because the bride, typically, is so invested in the day and has everything planned and sometimes it doesn't go exactly as planned. You can't plan for a guest being late or someone laughing at the wrong time, or the vegetables being slightly undercooked. As a guest, I had not noticed these things, but talking to the bride after, she had because it was her day.

Don't worry about things going wrong! Have someone there who can interfere in case something happens to go awry! For us, the MOH and Best Man will be on the lookout for issues and deal with them (hopefully without us knowing!) That being said, I have also avoided some potential drama situations (not inviting some people, seating others far away from each other) to avoid potential issues.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When people say "it's never perfect" they mean it's never going to all go 100% perfectly to plan, timed down to the second. Your day will be perfect, in spite of those little things.

I'm totally like you, I've had to start pacing myself so that every aspect of the wedding won't be done, and me just waiting, like, 6 months before the wedding.

This website helps a LOT. I find myself browsing through discussions and replies, and are reminded of things I would have never thought of before. Just little reminders of things not to forget, or advice on how to make things run smoothly.

Most of the time, whoever's in charge day-of (MOH, coordinator, mom, whatever), will deflect all those little issues, you won't even know they happened til someone tells you about it a few days later!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends, really! There will always be small glitches. Timing is usually the major issue. Most issues are things that only the people involved in the wedding or planners will know, and anything guests DO see is usually passed off as "oh, just your usual wedding day mistake, happens to everyone, it was actually pretty funny/cute/nice".
    I'm actually considering hiring a wedding planner for the day of ONLY. I myself went to school for events and hate to pass off any pre-wedding organization or whatever, but I can't do it all myself the day of! And I don't want someone in my party to have to do it because I want everyone to enjoy themselves.
    Congrats on being ahead of schedule! Go you!
  • April
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't worry. It won't go exactly as planned. And that's OK. What will matter, is that you are there on your special day, with the love of your life. Whatever happens, remember that and you will be fine. Don't let anything taint your memory of one of the best days of your life. Love every second, and just be flexible with the changes as they come. All that really matters is that person standing there next to you. Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't find many things go wrong on the day-of. There was the odd thing here or there, like no one telling some of my family where to go for photos, and someone cut the wrong layer of cake, but it really wasn't a big deal in the grand scheme, and there are so many people willing to help out, that lots of things didn't even get to me, I only found out about them the day after or the next week, and none were huge issues.

These are things that we really can't control, we do our best to inform those we need to and move on. Make sure you have someone delegated to tasks that need to be done the day-of, and trust that they'll do it. You'll have a perfect day!

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's great that your ahead of schedule. Like the other girls mentioned, you won't necessary have to worry about small details as your coordinator will handle it. So just enjoy and celebrate your day.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s exciting you have it all done! I agree with Courtney regarding small things.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh it will be minor things! And you'll be so busy enjoying your day you won't even notice.

I've heard things like, the photos were hard to organize as people wandered off.. or someone's Grandma showed up even though she said she wasn't going to so they had to scramble to get a place setting done.

That's what you have coordinators or bridal parties for though. They help!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's definitely nothing to worry about! The day of the wedding you won't even be thinking about what's going wrong. And it's almost always small things! Pointless and small things that won't have an impact. It's impossible to have the day how EXACTLY how you want, things happen.. weather, no shows just small things like that. Of anything big starts going wrong you'll have vendors, coordinator etc to make sure it gets sorted out and chances are you'll never even know something was going wrong lol please don't stress about it, the day of just enjoy the love and celebration and you'll love the day Jo matter what.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics