Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lyla
Devoted July 2018 Alberta

Addressing plus one & couples

Lyla, on February 12, 2018 at 04:01 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
Hey ladies, so I finally got my invitations in the mail but I’m stressing out about how I address them. Do I write Justin & guest on the rsvp? The rsvp envelope? The main envelope? Do people just naturally know to put down a plus one if it’s addressed to one person? Will they know I’m only addressing the two that I’ve indicated on it? So confused ! Any advice or input to what you have done would be greatly appreciated, I need to get these out ASAP!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Lyla, on February 26, 2018 at 15:04
  • Lyla
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thankyou ladies! We ended up writing their “name and guest” on the back of the rsvp and the main guest’s name on the main envelope Smiley smile
  • Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wrote it on the main envelop.

• S
    Newbie May 2018 British Columbia
    Shani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me, not everyone got a plus one.so I made separate little slips saying that they were invited to bring a plus one and put it with their invitation.
  • Cristina
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my invites professionally made so it indicates they can bring a plus one without having to write there name & guest
  • Cristina
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your guests want to invite a plus one most likely they will. No need to stress over it by making sure that u are addressing your guests to do that. Your rsvp will indicate how many number of people attending so you will be fine.
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wrote it on the main envelopes.
  • Vanessa
    Beginner January 2019 Alberta
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If we were allowing a guest but didn't know the name, we would put "and guest". If we knew the name, we would write names. We did this on the main envelope and on the RSVP card. On the RSVP card we put "We have reserved ___ seats in your honor" so they knew how many people were invited.

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Id write "name plus guest" on envelope. If it doesn't say that, people might not necessarily assume from RSVP (I wouldn't myself, because usually people just use general RSVP cards for ALL guests; I would just think it was there for the guests who DID get plus ones).

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wrote it on the main envelopes.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wrote the names plus guest on the main envelope and on the back of the card as well. So if your guest was Justin, I wrote "Justin and Guest" to ensure they knew they had a plus one, otherwise we just wrote the name of the guest.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you could still include a handwritten line with the number on the RSVP.

I'm guessing you are handwriting their name under "Response". Under their names, you could also write "__ of 2" (or however many people are being invited).

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Typically people should assume, if their name is on the card, then they are invited if its not then they aren't!

If I were single and I received an invite addressed to just me, I would assume its just me! If it said and Guest I could find a hot date.

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmmmm, yes i see. There is definitely room for confusion. You might just have to take a chance and start to see how people respond before you figure out if you have to follow up with people regarding guests. Hopefully people will figure out to indicate guest or no guest, but you never know.

• Lyla
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is my rsvp. My concern is that if I write on the line which sounds like what you’re talking about, if they end up not wanting a guest then would they just cross that out? Or just write on their envelope to send back to me? The number of guests would have been an awesome idea, unfortunately it didn’t even cross my mind until I started searching up this topic! Lol

Addressing plus one & couples 1
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would put it on both the RSVP and the main envelope. If you do not put "and guest" most people assume that you are not allowing them a plus one.

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are giving them option to bring a guest i would suggest writing Justin and Guest on the RSVP. Does the RSVP have a spot to indicate how many people will be attending? If you are really worried, then just do both, put it on the main envelope and the RSVP card.

Be sure to address the others by name, so To Justin and Jennifer... so there is no confusion about who you are inviting. If they aren't allowed to bring a guest, then address is just, To Justin.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics