Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Curious September 2018 Ontario

Accessories?

Jennifer, on June 13, 2018 at 19:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 19
My dress is nothing like i thought id like but i love it!!! It has a lot of bling on the chest area so im lost as to what kind of accessories would go well with that? Necklace/earrings?

Accessories? 1

19 Comments

Latest activity by Krista, on June 25, 2018 at 15:21
  • Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Cherry - the earrings are the statement piece - I would go light on the jewlery with your wrists and neck as the dress has some exquisite drama!

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful dress. I am with the majority. No necklace. If you have your hair down or half up half down, wear sparkling stud earrings. If you have updo, wear simple sparkling drop earrings.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your dress is beautiful! I think because your dress is low cut you can get away with a simple pendant necklace. As for earrings, it may depend on how you decide to wear your hair, but I would probably opt for a simple diamond stud, or a small drop earring.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Rebecca; statement earrings and a bracelet to match would look great with your dress. I don't think a necklace really suits the neckline of your dress; however, if you wear one, keep it dainty, otherwise it'll just take away from it!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress has some bling, not as much as yours, and I'm skipping a necklace, just doing earrings. You can have a necklace, but you don't need one!

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Beautiful dress!
    I think a nice pair of earrings and a bracelet would be perfect !
  • Lizmridha
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Lizmridha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try looking on Pinterest, they have diagrams of which neckline and style of dress suits which accessories.
  • Kayla
    Newbie October 2018 New Brunswick
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely just a bracelet and dangly earrings. You can probably find ones in similar blingy style.

My dress is also super busy up top and that's all I'm doing. You don't want to take away from what's already going on up there. A
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress!!!
    I would go with some dangly earrings and a bracelet. I wouldn't want anything on my neckline to take away from that bling.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the neckline is beautiful enough that you could get away with not wearing a necklace. I would get a bracelet and/or earrings to match though.

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A simple gold or silver necklace should go with the dress since the dress already has a nice bling area. Earring depends on your hairstyle. Try to match your jewelry to your dress so it blends and doesn't take away from the dress. Do you have a tiara or hair piece yet?
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Beautiful! All it needs is a nice bracelet and maybe some earrings. Wow, I love it 😲😍
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love your dress so much! Do you mind if I ask who the designer is?

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some earrings to match the chest bling would look great, you could do any type of earring especially big and bold! I agree that a necklace would be too busy
    if you are doing a veil I think one with some bling around the edge would look fantastic! Or a plain elbow length one!
    Also, LOVE the skirt of your dress!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with everyone. No necklace, a nice bracelet and some drop earrings.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have the same neckline and it's beautiful that you won't need to wear a necklace. As for earrings, it's common to wear drop earrings especially if you'll have an up-do hairstyle.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What a beautiful neckline! I say studs or short drop earrings. And maybe a bracelet, but no necklace.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also would suggest no necklace. Instead do a bit of a drop earring.. a couple inches at most. A nice bracelet too would look great! Basically I'm just mimicking what Brittany suggested!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful dress! I think the way the embellishment is at the top, it frames your face/neck, so I would go no necklace, and some small to medium sized drop crystal earrings (trying to match the bling style with the top of the dress).

Go more simple, as too much jewelry would take away from the statement of the dress.

Perhaps just earrings, and maybe a delicate bracelet (maybe even a borrowed heirloom or something from mother/grandmother?)

Are you doing a veil? Because you could get a headpiece and/or a comb that also matches the bling on the dress!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics