Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

100 Days!!

Holly, on February 21, 2019 at 10:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 37
I cannot believe I get married in 100 days!! Tomorrow is going to be double digits!
Time is flying by and I feel so unprepared, I have everything booked..I think (lol) just smaller things to do here and there.

How many days do you have left? What is left for you to plan?

100 Days!! 1

37 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on February 22, 2019 at 13:01
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry to hear that! At least you only have smaller things to deal with right now.

There's only so much we can do in Thunder Bay, lots of things have to wait until we are in London again.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I do not feel prepared lol I keep feeling like I'm forgetting a lot of things and with my son being super fussy recently it's putting me behind on tasks. It sometimes feels like I'll never get anything done but I know I will just have to pace myself and try to to stress!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG you're getting so close! We're at 162 days and I know the time will fly by so quickly, I'm just trying to keep on top of my checklists and get things done.

Do you feel prepared? I think you have a little more on her plate than the average bride so I can just imagine what you're feeling!

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow eh!! That’s cutting it close, I ordered mine on a sale last week, I just used vista print, they came in today, I’m still ridiculously far away, but I have the venue booked so the venue is set, and for the RSVP’s I asked chicken, beef or veg for the food, because I love chicken he loves beef. So it was simple. I’ll have loads of time to put them in the envelopes address them all.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's a horrible wait and its only just started.. literally the invites just arrived beginning of the week! 65 days till the deadline..65 days of constantly checking my email to see if I have any RSVPs.. going to be fun! Lol
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I’m dreading that wait! I’m going to be so impatient, like I haven’t sent anything out just yet, so I keep trying to guess and I’m constantly bugging my FH with “do you think they’ll come, or what about so and so” because I just wanna plan it all now! Lmao

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I work best under pressure too, if I had too long I wouldn’t do anything until the last minute because I’d subconsciously need to add pressure to myself lmao! We are super specific about our date too, that was a huge reason, it’s our 10 year anniversary the day we chose for our wedding so we can keep the same anniversary. It’s important to us
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My RSVP deadline is April 26th so I have LOTS of time but I'm super impatient! I'm just so excited to start getting RSVPs and I really don't want anyone to not RSVP making me go bridezilla and hunt them down lol
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I'm a bit shocked they are this way..I feel like that's just horrible for their business.. like what if a friend is about to book them and you tell them your experience..that could out them off booking them. Their loss I suppose, but like you said your perfect ones are somewhere!!
    And yes I am excited for it to end and also not at the same time. I'm excited for the stress to be gone but it's so much fun planning a wedding!! But at the end of planning is the marriage so I'm mostly excited!
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I’ve definitely feel 15 months is perfect for me, I have just the right time, I am obsessed with organizing, I have two binders colour coded evething with folders by category they are for and in order of importance too, 2 Rubbermaid’s one of faux flowers i have been buying on sale as I find them, and one of decor I’m making myself little by little before bed at night, my wedding journey journal too to keep my ideas and notes in one place (which is also colour coded with those post-it page tab things to match those folders in the binder lol), I’ve already made my save the dates by hand and ordered the rest of my invites and rsvps and what-not, I love this party planning stuff, a little too much it has nee distracting me a little from the tattoo designs I need to finish lol!! Work needs to come first to pay for everything.

This month I got the venue booked, food and drinks are covered by the venue, same as decor and place settings and hairs and all they, the venue does almost all of it, and they host and decorate for the rehearsal dinner, my dress, bridesmaids dresses , officiant, we gotta pick music we have two bands in the family so we need to decide which we want (we know either one will do it lol) we two Dj’s that are friends too, I still have so much to do though, but everyone tells me I will blow through and be out of things to do soon... I don’t believe them though there’s always more I could do! Details and final touches are everything, as a tattoo artist I’m a little obsessive about those things!! Lmao

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So much to do! Before we know it everything will be done and we'll be married!
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha that’s cute! sounds like it’s coming together, when is your RSVP deadline?

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So exciting!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the reassurance! I’m really shocked but my FH says he expected vendors to be this way.

doesnt make sense to me from a business perspective but I’m sure my perfect vendors are out there somewhere!

Are you excited for the planning to come to an end?!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think I would be super stressed if I started planning a year out. My inner type A screaming for organization 😂

kudos to those that do it though - they are amazing people!
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    105 days left!! It’s coming so quickly.. I feel like I have so much to do. And I’m forgetting things.. we still have to book our cupcakes for our tower! And decide on music for our reception... hair and makeup trial coming up and our tasting as well.. oh gosh Smiley surprise
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ouu you're getting close too! I feel behind too, my son is going through a very loud crying stage so I don't get much time to do anything lol hopefully it all starts coming together for the both of us!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay! You're right it goes by so quickly!!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry I didn't mean to send my reply..my son kicked my phone and sent it lol
    I just have small things to get done with decor and such. Then the groomsmen suits need to be picked along with my FHs suit. I also need to get some alterations in my dress. Other then that it's just finalizing timeline, menu and waiting on the RSVPS so I can do the seating plan!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay!!!! So excited for you Smiley smile

We're 114 days away so we're almost there... so behind though, we haven't decided on transportation or gotten his suit, my dress hasn't come in yet so I haven't done any fittings for that, and we still have no idea if we need live music for the church lol

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Trust me the 386 will go by so quickly! It feels like just yesterday I was at 400 days!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    July 2020 isn't THAT far! We started planning our wedding just under 2 years away, best to get started as soon as possible if you ask me!
    I'm sorry vendors aren't taking you seriously, that's ridiculous!
    Having them booked by the end of the year is a great goal!!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So soon!! I totally get what you mean by tons of to complete..I feel like the more I do the more there still is! Sometimes it's overwhelming!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally feel like I'm in a slump..I've been putting off planning for about a week. My son is making it very hard to focus on the wedding the past couple weeks..
    Luckily all of the big important things are done and its just smaller things now. The smaller important things will get done the week or so before the wedding when we arrive back in Ontario.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It will definitely come fast! The more you plan the faster it comes, it's crazy!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just hit 100 as well!!! 92 now! Its nuts how fast it flies ahhhhhh!!!
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know what you mean, I’m approaching a year away so I’m starting to be told this is the perfect time to start planning, I say the more time to plan the better. If you’re a patient penson, of-course!

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still have 386 days to go! I am so excited for you, double digits, is so exciting! It’s right around the corner now Smiley smile

What have you got left to do?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s so exciting!!! I won’t even mention how many days away I am (its a lot)!

Still early in the game - a lot of vendors don’t seem to take us seriously because we are so far away, which is unfortunate.

im trying to have all vendors booked and almost all the planning done by the end of this year!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What an exciting milestone! Is there anything we can do to help you feel more confident and prepared?

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Time flies! So I totally understand how you didn't realize how close it is lol but don't panic, you got this!!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's so cool that you won some stuff! I love all the fun contests wedding shows have!
    I'm not really having a shower..more of like a girls night "bachelorette". Since I love so far away having an actual shower isn't going to happen.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics