Skip to main content
Ivyo13
Ivyo13

Ottawa, Ontario · From January 2017

Hi everyone! My name is Ivy and my wedding day is something that I have been dreaming of and preparing for my whole life! My sister, 7 years my senior,... View more

Hi everyone! My name is Ivy and my wedding day is something that I have been dreaming of and preparing for my whole life! My sister, 7 years my senior, used to bring home bridal magazines for me from her job (she worked at Birks) and I would spend hours perusing through, dog-earring all the dresses, ideas and pages that I loved. I am an Ottawa-native (born and bred) now living and working in Toronto as an elementary school teacher. My fiancé is an American citizen, and newly landed Canadian Permanent Resident working in the field of technology in downtown Toronto. Due to unique circumstances (re: immigration), my fiancé (legally husband) and I had a civil ceremony back on September 30, 2014. As he is an American citizen, doing this was the only way for me to sponsor him and bring him to Canada within a reasonable timeframe. After three years of living apart in two different countries, with lots of travelling back and forth between the two of us, he finally landed in Canada as a Canadian Permanent Resident in August 2016 (just in time, before those crazy US election results came to be). Now that he's settled in, and we are more financially stable (yay, double-income, no kids!), we are finally planning the wedding that we never got to have. Our civil ceremony in Toronto was unfortunately quickly put together, and only had two of my coworkers present as our witnesses (plus the officiant -- our families are in the US and Ottawa) so our wedding celebration on August 18, 2018, in Ottawa, will mean so much to us since we will have our closest family and friends there with us. I am so excited to talk wedding planning with everyone, and to share my experience(s) throughout this process with other brides-to-be! Ivy

Happily married 🎉

August 18, 2018

2169days 20hrs

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics