Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sinéad
WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway

Your Dream Wedding Decor

Sinéad, on October 21, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 19

I’m sure everyone has thought about how they could decorate their venue if you didn’t have to stick to your budget! Would you fill your space with flowers, light it up with candles or something totally unseen before? We want to know!

If you had an unlimited budget, how would you decorate your wedding?

Your Dream Wedding Decor 1

Photo from Flowers Time in Vaughan, ON

Next What if…?!: Wedding Cake

Back to the Beginning: What if…?! Unlimited Budget!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on November 6, 2019 at 01:24
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Two words: flowers everywhere.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'd up the florals, and I'd want hanging lights over the reception and ceremony.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    More florals. Our wedding was pretty minimal for decor but can’t go wrong with flowers!
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do more florals for the cocktail reception area, the slightly more detailed backdrop that I was hoping for but is out of budget so we're going more basic, and I would get a photobooth for the whole night but I would get our own customized backdrop printed and I would get cocktail napkins printed with our monogram and others with our favourite quote or something. And if we had higher ceilings I would do the ceiling drapes.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Candles and flowers. So many candles and flowers.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh man - flowers and candles EVERYWHERE.

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting our dream decor again tweaked instead of crystal candle holders we have glass

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So many Swarovski crystals! They would be everywhere with candlelight to show them off.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I saw a picture of an arch made of books! I though it would be amazing for someone doing beauty and the beast theme. That entrance way is pretty cool
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding venue would have a Indian wedding mandap with stringed colour pendants hanging.

th?id=OIP.dVDitaFhpga_4l5U851rgQHaHa&w=1

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

With an unlimited budget, we would've gone with real flowers and LOTS of them.

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

After reading this question the first thing that came to my mind was Rebecca Bloomwood from Sophia Kinsella Shopaholic series. Where she ends up planning two weddings one at The Plaza and one in England to appease both MIL and mother. The one at The plaza was over the top insane an entire enchanted forest come to life with everything that would include and then some! So for me I would want to be Rebecca Bloomwood at The Plaza with the over the top insane enchanted forest! Woodland creatures and all!

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fabric hanging from the ceiling. Tulle is so expensive and I can't justify buying it, but I would if I had the unlimited budget, also real flowers. String lights all over instead of just in the middle. Lights outside on the balcony.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can think of a few more projects (still mostly DIY I would love to do). one thing for sure....There would probably be a lot more fairy-lights involved! Strings of them along the ceiling to make a "starry sky" would be the biggest one.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If the budget was infinite, I would have done a lot more with the decor than I currently have planned. I would've ordered different chiavari chairs than the venue provides, done a 3d backdrop instead of a 2d, had bigger centrepieces and done more with the bride/groom table.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My godmother did such a good job with the wedding decor, I couldn't imagine doing anything else!

Your Dream Wedding Decor 2

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've always thought that this was such a cool idea:

Your Dream Wedding Decor 3

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ok, as much as I loved the minimal look I would have loved to have something bigger at the head table like a backdrop, a MR. & MRS. block letters at our feet, and maybe more string lights.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, I've never thought about the decor that much. I've always wanted an outdoor wedding so I always envisioned letting the unaltered beauty of the surrounding nature speak for itself, wherever that would end up being. And that's pretty much what we're doing, it'll be in the future in-law's back yard and they back on to green space with huge tall trees, and my MIL loves gardening so it's all pretty already lol all that we're adding is the chairs for the guests

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics