Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Janaya
Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan

You can't coordinate your own wedding..?

Janaya, on September 26, 2018 at 19:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

Hey ladies! I don't have a wedding planner, and I'm not really sure who to ask to coordinate the wedding and make sure the behind the scenes stuff goes smoothly.. for the day of.

what can you ladies recommend for me? I'm on a tight budget so i'm not sure ill be able to hire someone to help.. I'm just not sure about asking family to help since they will be wanting to enjoy the day and its not their responsibility to organize my day. I just afraid I'll have to do everything and i'll be stressed out haha

5 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on September 27, 2018 at 10:59
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have a good family friend. or even a good friend of yours. I did it last year for a friends wedding. and was even their contact person throughout the day. it worked out great for her. the only calls she had that day were 2 by me.

she made a list of all the vendors and their numbers. gave me a list of what decorations she wanted set up and where. the night before at the rehearsal she introduced me to the hall vendors.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for your advice! yeah having someone as the contact person incase of anything is a great idea, then i don't have to worry so much Smiley smile!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have hired 3 of my moms closest friends to be my day of coordinators! They will go to the venue before everyone else and just make sure everything is in place! Honestly when it comes to friends and family a lot of people are open and willing to help! Maybe ask a few people to do one or 2 things so it wont seem like you're taking over their whole day and you should be fine!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just saying, certain members of family and friends (mom, close relatives, bridesmaids...) it kind of is their responsibility (by informal "job description" for bridal party members) to help make the day run smoothly... I'll be getting my FH's groomsmen to help with a few things, as well as my mom and my bridesmaids...

Honestly although it's no one's "job" to do it, it's much better that you get a few friends or family to help, than for you to be distracted or organizing things on your wedding day. I would talk to a few people, figure out a simple timeline, and try and get things done early. For example, getting a handful of people to get there early to set up, and having someone else be your Go-To point person for vendors and guests to reach out to if they need questions answered or help with anything.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you brought up your concerns with your family and friends? I was fearful of this too until my mother and sister said that they will help with these types of things on the day of. I’m such a Type A, that I will probably still try to organize it all myself tho!

Talk to your family and friends, they might surprise you with their willingness to help ☺️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics