Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Year of firsts ideas

Stephanie, on November 12, 2017 at 01:33 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5
For my friends wedding, she made little notebooks for each table for guests to write advice, date ideas, notes to the bride and groom. They were numbered with the table numbers and they will open them that many months after the wedding. (For example, we were table 11, so they will open ours in the 11th month of marriage.) I want to do something similar but google isn't very helpful because it just thinks I'm talking about an alternative guestbook.

Anyway, my idea is to give each table a holiday and we will read what they have to say on that holiday. I want to do something other than a notebook though. My idea for Easter was to have a basket with Easter eggs, they would write things and put the papers in the eggs. Any other ideas for other holidays?

Not sure how many holidays we will need yet (not sure how many tables yet). But for sure want to do Christmas, Thanksgiving, anniversary, Valentine's Day, each of our birthdays, Easter, New Years. The others, depending how many we need, we will decide between family day, labour day, Canada day, heritage/civic day, Remembrance Day...any others?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 20, 2017 at 23:01
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The idea is unique and why not go in order of the months based on the holiday. January is New Years, February is Valentines day and so forth. Decor can be put in many forms as your doing.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a really neat idea! I would say that you should start with what you have and if you need more holidays, add them.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For Christmas you could have them put something in a stocking, or something to do with ornaments! Thanksgiving maybe have them write on leaves and put them in a fall type basket! New years eve, a champagne bucket! Valentines day, each person can have their own little valentines card to fill out and they can put them in a heart shaped box! That is kind of all I can think of at the moment! I really think this is a great idea and it will be fun for the guests as well!

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is such a unique idea! I've heard of the notebooks, but I've never hear of someone doing holidays! Very cool!
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is such a cute idea! Are there any days that are special in your family or his family? You could add those in, but other than that I think you've got all of them covered in what you listed out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics