Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Devoted September 2019 Ontario

Writing invitations

Bianca, on June 26, 2018 at 00:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 21

I have bad writing. Is it ok or Appropriate to use Address Labels for the Envelopes?

21 Comments

Latest activity by Gabbie, on July 12, 2018 at 12:12
  • Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been practicing my calligraphy for a while now so I will be addressing them, however, I chose a Vistaprint envelope with the return address printed. We don't have that many invitations, and the ones for my side will all be hand delivered so I don't even need to write the address on those.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From what I understand (and I think a previous post mentioned), it is suppose to be hand written to give a more personal touch, but, in all honesty, there a lot of wedding traditions/etiquette rules 'required' that really are not or don't really matter in the long run.

My handwriting is neat, but, if I try anything fancy, it goes to poop pretty quick. We're probably going to use labels unless I can convince my mom to help with the invitation (her handwriting is AMAZING).

I definitely would not fret about using labels

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Address labels for sure. It cuts your time down by half.
  • Tiffany
    Beginner August 2019 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am often told that I have very neat writing (like a typed document), so I am definitely going to write them by hand. I am more concerned about the thank you cards because I tend to write in capitals and press very hard down, so I don't want them to be mistaken as being an angry letter.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I am 100% using labels!

I have chicken scratch that even I can't read sometimes...

My fiance has nice writing but it's just so much easier to do it with labels!

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes I think so, I used address labels for envelopes!

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes. I had mine made through a label maker with sticky on the back so it was easy. Then we just printed the names to the send through the computer and put them through the feeder. They turned out great.

• Lizmridha
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Lizmridha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have bad writing too lol. We had our return addresses printed out on the envelope but we still hand wrote the guest addresses.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me and my FH are both left handed, so to write out invitations would be hell since it would just become a smudgy mess! We're definitely using address labels that we can print off, plus no one is going to keep the envelope for more than 2 seconds or care we didn't write it out.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used address labels for mine! I had no intentions of handwriting them all and used personalized stickers from Vistaprint for our return address labels that matched our theme.

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hand wrote all 70 or so of our invitations, and let's just that I gave up quickly on the fancy calligraphy. I figured that people would open and quickly throw away the envelope away.

I have a friend who, because she didn't think her handwriting was good enough, asked a few friends to come over and write the addresses while she folded and prepared the content of the envelopes.

But I think labels would work just as well, and could even give a nicer look if you choose nice fonts. I would advise against white labels however, unless your envelopes are white themselves.

• Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a label is fine. I'd probably recommend the clear ones if you have envelopes that are not white. Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used labels printed saving me time and effort. Hand writing is good on my end though i wouldn't do it for the invites.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that is totally fine, especially if you have lots of invites to address.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As per etiquette, you should have them hand-written (to be more personal for a special event), but you can really do whatever you want.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used our printer! There was noooooo way in hell I was writing on all of those envelopes lol The first few would have been fire.. and the others would have looked like a 2 year old wrote it.

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally!

If you don't want the white label, they sell clear labels and they work wonderfully.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We ended up finding someone local, but etsy has lots of options for fairly reasonable prices Smiley smile
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooooh I love this!!! May have to definitely look into doing this!!
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not bad at all! We bought a custom stamp wih our return address and handwrote addresses, but you can absolutely make stickers and have them for addresses. I think they would look super cute Smiley smile

Writing invitations 1
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't see why not? Plus that way you could use a cursive font or something that will suite the theme of the wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics