Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Would you rather... skip the shower or the bachelor(ette) party?

Lynnie, on October 29, 2018 at 09:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 22

The party police are here and they've decided there are too many pre-wedding events! You can only choose one traditional celebration to keep...

Would you rather... skip the shower or the bachelor(ette) party?

Would you rather... skip the shower or the bachelor(ette) party? 1

Photo from Cheers Okanagan Tours in Kelowna, BC

Next Question: Would you rather... receive no wedding gifts or have no wedding pictures?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on December 10, 2018 at 10:33
  • Samantha
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skipping the shower, we’ve lived together so long there is nothing we need.

Bachelorette however never missing one of those
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Shower, I thought I would get out of that but my family surprised me

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've already had my bridal shower (6 months before the wedding... haha)... so I'd skip the bachelorette. I hate going out really.... I'm not a big drinker, and it gives me anxiety to spend/waste a lot of money on booze and feel like garbage the next day.

My bridal shower was adorable and my mom made it amazing. It was a High Tea party, and I loved it.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d rather skip the bachelorette party as I’m not big on them to begin with.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would skip my shower. We did a destination bachelorette which made for a great bonding experience for a fixed cost, also gave us time away to relax and escape wedding planning for a week.
    With the shower it’s tough cause my MOH lives near me which is also near most of my friends but none of my family. so I either have to ask my family to drive 3 hours to and from the shower which is way longer than the shower will last for, or have two showers. I also don’t need or want the gifts and everything from the shower.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skip the Bachelor party because you end up spending more money on drinks.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd skip the bachelorette! I'm more excited for my shower tbh.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d rather skip the bridal shower.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cut the shower - I had SO much fun at my bachelorette!
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both... I don't enjoy being the centre of attention so don't want either. But if I had to choose I'd go for the bachelorette with a close group of friends
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The shower. I loved my bachelorette!

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cut the shower. I am so excited for my Bachelorette I just want to party with my friends!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skip the shower! Not really needed theres a registry for the wedding I dont 100% see the need of a shower? I'm having one but if o had to choose I would take the bachelorette party for sure!!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The shower! I already want to skip it, but my mom and godmother are too excited to host one, I don't have it in my heart to not have one!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The shower! I’m skipping it. Honestly don’t need any of the gifts as my FH and I will have lived together for 2.5 years by the time the wedding comes round. But I love going out for a party so we’re definitely doing a bachelorette!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both. Haha. But I really didn’t want a shower. We’ve been together 10 years, and I don’t want people wasting their money on getting us gifts! I feel awkward getting gifts from people as well. lol
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skip the shower, which is what I am doing anyway. My girls are throwing me a bachelorette/shower but I am not having a real full on shower.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm already not having a bridal shower. and I would keep it that way.

we aren't having a shower due to the fact, I feel showers are to help you set up your home. and I have been living on my own for a VERY long time. i'm on my 2nd owned home. we have lived together for 3 years. we don't need house items.

I want the bachelorette as an awesome weekend away with my friends. i'm so excited for it already (and its not even planned) hahhaa

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skip the shower! This one was pretty easy since, I'm already skipping it haha.
    I'd have to travel back to my hometown ($800-flight) for 1 full day, which to me is a waste of money.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This one is tough for me because we don't need a shower since we already live together and have what we need and don't really feel like we want to upgrade any of our stuff. We're also planning on having a Jack & Jill and I personally am afraid that having both is asking for too much gifts/money from our guests. On the flip side though, I'm not into the stereotypical bachelorette parties where you get drunk and stuff. Like Tori said, I don't need one last hurrah. My wedding is a good thing and not the mourning of my single life. my wedding is my hurrah!

So that being said I guess I'd go with having a shower so I can get to see family and friends, but if I have to be 'showered' with anything I'd ask for charity donations.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally skipped the bachelorette party, welll i did a dinner with each of my friends but nothing with all us together. The shower was great, my SIL and MIL hosted and I had a great time meeting all the ladies from my hubby's side.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skip the bachelorette party. The shower = more people to celebrate with + gifts (duh)! Whereas the bachelorette party is just about getting drunk and "celebrating my last night as a non-married woman..." like - there is a reason I'm getting married so I don't feel like there has to be one last hurrah.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics