Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Would you rather... have your caterer or your officiant cancel on the day of the wedding?

Joey, on September 18, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding Tests 0 26

It's the morning of your wedding and you get that dreaded phone call from one of your vendors - they double booked, they forgot, or something personal has come up and they can't be there for you! Which vendor would you rather lose?

Would you rather improvise your menu with a quick substitution? Would you rather improvise your menu with a quick substitution?

Or search for a last minute replacement officiant - ANYONE you can find!

Or search for a last minute replacement officiant - ANYONE you can find!

Photos from Pinterest

>>Click here to go to the next question, Would you rather... all the appetizers are burnt, or the cake collapses?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on September 25, 2019 at 16:23
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would rather an officiant cancel because we are having 2 so the other would be there

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Caterer...as long as it is just the food portion because our venue is doubling as that. Without an officiant, you cannot get married, and getting another day of in NS would be SUPER iffy. I'd rather have to organize a ridiculously large take-out order than deal with finding another officiant.

• Kris
    Frequent user October 2019 Nevada
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Caterer. We have a small wedding so food would be easier to scramble for things
  • Kassandra
    Frequent user May 2020 Alberta
    Kassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Caterer. Would be easier to improvise lol
  • Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say the caterer. Food can be ordered in a snap but not everyone is ordained to wed people.
  • A
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Caterer.

The whole point of the event is to get married.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Neither! Officiant though, we could scramble and find someone I am sure but our caterer is also our venue and we couldn't recover from that.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say officiant because I have family that will be attending that have their marriage license Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Caterer. We’re self-catering, so that’s not really possible, but pizza is definitely an option in a worst case scenario!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Caterer since pizza delivery would be easy to make the call.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Neither of them!!! I don't even want to think about that happening! 😬
  • Barbara
    Devoted July 2018 Ontario
    Barbara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say the officiant, our wedding is later in the day that we could probably find a replacement in time
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably the officiant. We know enough people who could perform the ceremony that we could probably find one last minute. Feeding all those people is another story.
  • Shaina
    Frequent user April 2019 Ontario
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The officiant. I could always find a new one last minute and not have to worry about them having to make food for 100 guests.
  • Nicole
    Curious September 2018 Prince Edward Island
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The officiant. Much easier to find a replacement last minute.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Eeek, probably the officiant! I'm sure you could find one last minute if you really looked (hopefully), but finding food for 160 people would be super tough!

• Mzheng
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Mzheng ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely the officiant! These days anyone can get ordained in a matter of minutes. Having to come up with a whole new menu at the last minute would be horrible!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh that's a tough one. I guess I'd rather have the officiant cancel. I feel like it would be a lot easier to find a replacement than try to find food for 100+ guests.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Officiant. There is actually a guest who officiates weddings so he would be able to step in and do it!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

CATERER! Food can always be arranged, the officiant is the legal binding moment of your day. Which makes you an OFFICIAL married couple

• Alanah
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say the caterer. You can't get married without an officiant and I have no back ups. We're also self catering though, so I don't really have to worry about that.
  • Faith
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Faith ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The officiant. One of my guests are a pastor do he could do it if we didn't have anyone.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd rather the officiant. Since I've booked one, I found a few people who are able to do it that I know so i'm sure I could get someone to do it in a panic.

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely a hard choice, but I think I would rather have the officiant cancel. The company we booked with offers a guarantee that if anything happens, they send an emergency officiant to marry us.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Erin took the words right out of my mouth. I would still try to find a back up if I could, but it would definitely be the officiant that I would rather cancel on me.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a tough one. I think I would rather the officiant cancel and we could go to city hall and get officially married there before having our actual wedding ceremony later in the day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics