Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Would you do a first touch?

Joey, on April 11, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

You've heard of a first look, but have you heard of doing a first touch? That's when you and your partner spend a special moment together before the ceremony, but don't see each other until you meet at your ceremony. It's sort of the best of both worlds!

Are you going to do a first touch? What do you think of the trend?

Would you do a first touch? 1

Photo by Stone Mill Ballroom in St Catharines

14 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on April 13, 2018 at 10:49
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I LOVE the first touch idea! Especially if its around a moment say you are reading a letter from each other!

Not sure if it will work for us in our church but I will try and fight for it haha!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't do anything like this before our wedding. I liked the idea of everything being a surprise until the ceremony and so did my husband.

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've never heard of this! My FH and I have agreed we dont want the first look because we really want everyone to be able to share in that moment with us but I love this idea!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a nice idea, but won't be for us. My FH wants to keep the full surprise for the first look at the altar!

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be doing a first touch we aren’t doing first look. But I want to be able to talk to him before the ceremony so the plan is too hold hands with the door their and we can just say a couple things before we get married.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes we are! We are definitely not doing a first look, we both agree that it will be more special waiting for the actual ceremony so instead we will do the "first touch" to kind of calm our nerves and it will make a sweet and romantic moment. Not to mention how adorable the pictures always turn out!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Due to our timeline (winter wedding, daylight hours for photos) we are doing a first look and photos pre-ceremony. But if we weren't, I have always loved these photos and would most likely be doing them.
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will definitely be doing something like this. We are both getting ready in separate suites in the same hotel so we'll likely have our parties set us up on either side of a door or pillar. We may also exchange letters. It's definitely a moment I'm excited for.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a sweet idea but definitely not for us. We're doing a first look since we're going to be taking all of our pictures beforehand.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah! We’re not doing a first look, but we’ll do a first touch! We’re going to pray together before the ceremony.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awe it’s a sweet idea but we aren’t doing it. We won’t see each other or touch until the ceremony. After the ceremony we plan to take 10 mins alone.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing it! We’re actually going to have our wedding party with us and our pastor is going to say a prayer before. I scoped out the place and looks like the best place is if I’m in the reception hall and we crack the door open a bit and hold hands through there
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't heard of it! but its a great idea Smiley smile I don't think we will though, thinking the first look instead.

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Defiantly! It’s going to be such an emotional experience, having a first touch would have such a calming effect.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics