Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Winter wonderland weddings

Joey, on December 21, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

I may be constantly cold, but I'm in LOVE with winter weddings. Do you also dream of saying "I do" as the show falls around you? Are you decorating with wintery touches? Will shawls, wraps, coats, and boots be part of your wedding day outfit?

Who is planning a wintery wedding? Tell us EVERYTHING!

Winter wonderland weddings 1

Photo by Keemera in Edmonton

9 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on December 27, 2018 at 11:10
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YAAHH!!! now less than 10 days! congrats! Smiley smile

• Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is in 10 days!! What?!?
    It was always my dream for a winter wedding so here we are! Jan 4th at Lake Louise! Not sure I could have picked a better winter wonderland!!

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've moved ours to December 28th next year. It's going to be a classy Christmas theme (heavy on the greenery). We are hoping SO hard for snow. But if this year is any predictor we may be out of luck. 😭
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married in March and as much as I am hoping there is now snow (for travel purposes) it has always been my dream to have a winter wedding!

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ill be getting married in the spring, but here in Edmonton it will still be cold! I think only like 5-10C. So we will be taking outdoor photos with scarfs/pashminas around our shoulders.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

29 days til my Winter Wonderland wedding!!!!... unfortunately I live on the West Coast, so although I am BEGGING mother nature to give me snow (I may or may not be wagering my first born child)... it's probably going to rain, which is our Plan A.

However I'm still doing crystal accessories, fur shawl, faux snow in the centrepieces, candles, pine cones, etc....

SO EXCITED!!!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I looooove the whole esthetic of a winter wedding but it's not logical for us! We love the look of winter BUT CANNOT STAND THE COLD!!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

ME!!!! I am in love with winter and winter weddings!!Smiley heart We have our engagement shoot coming up in a few weeks and I am praying for snow. I'll be praying even harder this time next year for snow for wintery wedding pictures. Our colours are Tiffany/light blue and white and I hope that gives off an icy and snowy feel. We'll also have blue uplighting in the reception room and I'm hoping to get filters on the dance floor spotlights so that they shine down like snowflakes. I've bought cute little snowflake twinkle lights to decorate the head table with. For centerpieces I'm thinking of doing a wintery take on the enchanted rose from Beauty and the Beast with frosted glass and fake snow inside. I'm going to get a fur shall or cape for outdoor pictures and I'm hoping to buy shalls for my bridesmaids too. I've still got a touch over a year so I'm sure I'll come up with more wintery touches.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean, my wedding is set for October 5th but it's not unheard of to get snow that early so I've got to say - I wouldn't be mad if it did snow! Winter is my favourite season so I have no problem with adding some shawls and boots! The only reason we didn't pick winter as our season was because of the FH.... He veto'd the winter, I veto'd the summer, so we were left with spring and fall - which fall is always pretty but spring is hit and miss with trees and flowers blooming.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics