Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Newbie December 2023 Ontario

Winter Wedding Opinions !

Dani, on October 12, 2022 at 19:15 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 2

Did any of you have a wedding in December? If so, what are your takeaways? How did the weather affect you?

We are considering changing our date to have a Christmas themed wedding and I am not sure how i feel about giving up outdoor golden hour photos and outdoor ceremony.

Also, if you took pics outside in the snow, was your dress wet for the rest of the evening? How did the pics affect your dress and anything else like that.

Any other details about your experience, good or bad would be so appreciated.

Would you be willing to share any of your pics with me??

2 Comments

Latest activity by Carmel, on October 13, 2022 at 06:50
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were originally booked for NYE but then found out 10 days before that we would be in a lockdown so we moved to March (same weather). I really wanted an outdoor ceremony but the weather is too unpredictable and my mom wasn't having it lol. We actually still had a little ceremony on NYE with our families outside. We were FROZEN by the end of the hour we were outside lol. Of course I had a shorter dress on and didn't wear my beautiful jacket until later. I loved our ceremony inside of our venue and the photos are beautiful. Plus we had tons of photos outside since everything before was outside (my dress stayed dry. Photographers rock and a lot of the snow melted the day before sadly). As for golden hour photos, we knew the time and happened to have sparklers after our ceremony during that time so we stayed out while our guests when in for cocktail hour to take a handful of photos.
    Winter Wedding Opinions ! 1
    Winter Wedding Opinions ! 2
    Winter Wedding Opinions ! 3

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding was originally planned for December but because of covid we ended up having it the following September.

The golden hour photos are doable as long as you plan around it. The outdoor ceremony, not so much.

Had we stuck to our date, we would've only taken outdoor photos in areas that people didn't walk through regularly. We got married at a country club with a golf course, so all that green space would've been untouched during that time of year. We didn't want a mucky stained dress from grey or dirty snow. That being said, we would've been very selective with how many locations we took photos, likely no more than 3-4, with most of them being on a wooden or concrete floor like a gazebo, bridge, or path instead of mud/grass.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics