Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dannie & Brett
Frequent user July 2017 Manitoba

Wine or no wine

Dannie & Brett, on April 2, 2017 at 11:50 Posted in Manitoba 0 6
Hey all you brides and grooms. We are having a small wedding but I have a questions for all you lovelies. we are having a outdoor backyard style wedding with pizza as our meal. We are providing the soda and water, but it's a byob type party. There are no speeches and things like that. Here is my question: would it be wrong if we didn't supply wine to the first but had wine for the bride and groom or should we take wine out all together? What are everyone's thoughts. We are paying for everything ourselves without help from family.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Dannie & Brett, on April 5, 2017 at 17:19
  • Dannie & Brett
    Dannie & Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you every one for the suggestions. After discussion with the property owners we have decided on a dry reception. It's an evening ceremony and we have a time frame so it's going to much easier and less stressful for us.
  • Stephanie
    Devoted September 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are bringing wine, have you ever thought of getting it made or buying in bulk at a winery? I know my familly buys them for 10$ a bottle. So if you have a very small wedding, you can get a few and then sell them if you have an extra or give as gifts later on. Its an idea if you are planning on supplying. You dont need to buy 20-30$ bottles at the liquor commission. Smiley smile

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Nariman!

I’m so happy to meet you here! Smiley heart It depends on your budget. Does it fit in your budget?

Because I'm new in the community, I made this game yesterday and I think you will like it. Smiley flower

Do you dare? Yes or no?

Can't wait to hear more about your planning. Smiley ring

• Dannie & Brett
    Dannie & Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have told them it is being your own booze. Will be sending a mass email just before the wedding in case anyone forgot. We have decided not to do wine since the permit won't allow it. We cannot provide alcohol of any sort with the permit we are getting. Thank you for the suggestions.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have let everyone know that it is bring your own booze (byob) then the wine could be considered your own. I don't think it is inappropriate if you do or don't have the wine but if what others will think will bother you then I would just not do it.

• Matt
    Beginner November 2017 Ontario
    Matt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello,

If you guys are paying for the everything yourselves I would cut Wine all together, it might look bad that you guys have the wine yet your guests are left in the dark without some wine themselves or Spice it up and get a dispenser and fill it with Sangria so everyone can have some.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics