Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Will your work give you a day off for your wedding?

Emilie, on February 9, 2017 at 16:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Hey brides and grooms!

There can be a lot to do for the wedding especially a few days before your big day. Will you take a day off or a few days off for your wedding? How many days?

Wedding leave?

Image: Pinterest

8 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on February 11, 2017 at 06:50
  • Stephanie
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I currently get 4 weeks vacation so I may take 2 weeks (1 before and 1 after)
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I may or may not take the Friday off before my Sunday long weekend wedding. I'll likely be given the day off as my boss let's us do summer hours and I leave anywhere between 12-2 on Fridays from May 2-4 to Labour day.
    Also....knowing him and since he's invited to the wedding, he won't even make me take a vacation day and would just tell me to go home. He's so generous to me when it really matters.
    Right now the plan is to work Tuesday-Friday the following week then leave on Saturday or Sunday for the honeymoon.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My workplace will be giving me time off. I took a couple of days off before the wedding and two weeks in September for the honeymoon.
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am taking the week leading up to my wedding which works out nicely because we get married right after the long weekend .... then I am also taking the following Monday off just to breathe and have one day to relax before heading back ... we aren't doing our honeymoon till November so I have time till then I have saved up all my vacation days for the year to use for my wedding and honeymoon in November so I will be paid for all the days I am off 😊
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How my work is, the full time staff get vacation/stat time build up (group home so we don't get Holidays off), and when we book time off we get paid for it still and we use the hours we have built up. In my line I have a long and a short week. My long week is Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun, I also get every other weekend off. My wedding will fall on a weekend I work and so I will need to book off the Friday-Sunday and then I would have off the Monday and Tuesday. We havn't decided on anything for a honeymoon yet so I don't know if I will be booking the week off work after the wedding or not yet!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nice timing!! I'll have a sorry sorry before the wedding for Easter, then off Thursday Friday the week of, off for 2 full weeks for the honeymoon then the week after have a short week because of the May 2-4 weekend!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I took the week of the wedding off and then a couple days the following week. It definitely worked out that we got as much time off as possible because our wedding was around the holidays! We had a week off for the wedding and then 2 weeks after was Thanksgiving, then we had another week back at work and then a week off for the honeymoon and then another week or two and then Christmas and New Years! Haha it's definitely been hard being back at work full time!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm taking the 2 days before the wedding off!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics