Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Will you have an unplugged ceremony?

Joey, on November 21, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 11

Are you worried about your guests getting out their cameras and phones during your ceremony? Some couples want to encourage their guests to take as many pictures as possible so they have the memories to keep forever, but some want to make sure everyone's phones are down and eyes are up during the ceremony. Will you be having an unplugged ceremony and asking your guests to comply? If so, how are you asking?

Will you have an unplugged ceremony? 1

Photo by Chalkboards & Co in Calgary

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 20, 2017 at 13:40
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our officiant was smart to ask alll the guests to put the volume off and out their cameras on for pictures and recording. I was ok with it since the photographer didnt have any distractions from them

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking about it. Haven't talked it over with fiancé yet so no decision has been made. I do like the idea of having pics to look at before the photographer's come in though...

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our ceremony will be unplugged for sure, it won't be long so i can't imagine people not being able to accomodate us for 30mins.

• Amanda
    Beginner August 2019 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We plan to go unplugged at the ceremony but not at the reception
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went unplugged. We had a photographer there for a reason and we didn't want pictures of people's phones/cameras/tablets/etc. The photographer was really happy about it too because when it's not unplugged, people end up being in her way and she ends up missing good shots because of that.

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm ok with ppl taking pics and bc some guests are from out of town they may have an emergency so I think if they want to shut it off on their own that's great. I am a bit concerned about having a load od our pics posted on social media bc ppl have to be first to post/ report lol.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't do one. If people wanted to take photo's, we were okay with it! We got some great photos out of it in the end! Plus I was told to focus on my husband and that is what I did. I didn't look at the guests once! And there was a part during the ceremony, where guests were told they could come and take photos of us signing the papers (meant for family mainly, but I had one of my friends come up)!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend had an unplugged ceremony but we didn't. If people want to take pictures I don't mind. To be honest I couldn't even tell you if someone was taking pictures during my wedding. I was so excited and nervous and kept just looking at our guests and then right back at my husband.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be doing an unplugged ceremony. We have a sign that will be at the beginning of the seating stating,nicely of course lol, to keep your phones off. We hired a photographer for a reason, we will give them ceremony pictures if they want.

To me, the ceremony is the most important time. I don't want all our photos to have people hidden behind their phones. We are even debating on getting everyone to put their phones in a basket and the coordinator holds it until the ceremony is done. We only have about 45 guests (all close friends and family) so it wouldn't be too hard.

Will you have an unplugged ceremony? 2
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did not have one. We had so few guests that it didn't really matter. And as Andrea said, it was great having so many pictures from guests to look at before we received our official photos. I would have died waiting the 3 weeks without them! Haha
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have one. I considered it, but ultimately, people stayed out of the photographers way and I was glad to have some sort of sneak peeks from guests right after the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics