Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Will you have a VIP seating area?

Joey, on April 2, 2018 at 07:55 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 30

Think you've thought of every possible detail about your wedding ceremony? There are a few things many couples forget to consider.

Are you going to have your VIPs sitting at the front of your ceremony venue? Do you have readers who need to be seated along the aisle? How will you ensure these special guests get the right seats?

Are you leaving it up to the ushers?

Will you have a VIP seating area? 1

Photo by Holly McMurter Photographs

Or will you use signs?

Will you have a VIP seating area? 2

Photo by Everlasting Impressions Wedding and Event Planning

>>Click here to go to the next question, Who will hold the rings during your ceremony?

30 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on October 5, 2019 at 07:56
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first two rows will be for our bridal party, parents and grandparents
  • K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I plan on having reserved seating in the front row for parents, siblings who are not standing and grandparents.
  • Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the ceremony, mmmm, that's a good question. Maybe?

• Sondra
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Sondra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely, my great grandmother will be there and she will be in the front row alongside my parents and grandparents, and my FH's family is flying in from England, so his parents and grandma will definitely be getting front row too.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think we will have a seating plan.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have the first row on each side reserved for immeadiate family, other than that it’s a free for all
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have many guests. The only think is my FH only has 4 people on his side, and I have 18. My family is huge. I think I will reserve the front for parents and the rest will be a free for all.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will still be doing the ushers, even though people can choose where to sit. I don't have much family so we want to try and even out the sides. We also want the immediate to be seated in the front. First few rows will be reserved for that reason.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The families of the Grooms were seated upfront as reserved seating.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will have our guests sit anywhere they would like, parents, grandparents and siblings will be in the first few rows though.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would like to have our immediate family seated in the first few rows.

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Aside from our parents being in the first row, I think we will do a “pick a seat, not a side”.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will have ushers!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and the groomsmen were all ready when guests started arriving so I think they steered people in the right direction.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are reserving seating for our families but the rest is seat as yourself type not sure if we need a sign for that? we might now that i am thinking about it

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh man I'm not sure I can remember!! I think our ushers saved the first two rows for our family, but I also think most guests know not to sit in the first row or two if they aren't related to the couple! Smiley tongue

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have the first two rows reserved for immediate family, everyone else can sit where ever they want. We will have two ushers but theu are there for traffic control then to sit people, so if someone looks lost they can help them out.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My immediate family is huge (dad, +1, step dad, mom, 4 sisters, plus spouses), where my FH has his parents and one brother, and his brother is his best man... so we will have my family split up across the first 2 rows mixed with his.

Aside from that, we will also have a sign along the lines of 'pick a seat not a side'. Our guest list is very lopsided for # of people (huge family on my side, not many friends, small family on his side, soooo many friends, plus our mutual friends)... so it's better everyone just mixes in.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be putting immediate family at the front and everybody else can sit wherever they would like.

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At the front we will have our parents and my grandma. His aunt and uncle and cousins for his side and my god parents. Other than that people can sit wherever.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will obviously reserve the front rows for our parents and code family. And one row in memory of those we've lost. Then the rest will be a sign saying to sit wherever they want. Our ushers will help anyone who needs it and make sure the reserved spots stay clear.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe parents and grandparents...but haven't officially decided.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have seating for our parents, but I think that’s all.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Parents and siblings will have special seating but everyone else is free to sit wherever. We do t even have an usher.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be saving seats for parents and siblings. We will have ushers who will be sure to save those seats for those people. My brother and his brother have children who are in the wedding, so we want them in the first row so the children can sit with them after they walk up the aisle.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ll have it for parents and immediate family. Everyone else (cousins, aunts, friends, etc.) can fend for themselves lol.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Besides having our parents at the front, we won't be assigning any seats. Though we aren't looking to plan a traditional wedding, I have a feeling that our families will just stick to tradition and sit on the side of the groom/bride.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't assigning seating, but I will make sure there's a few chairs at the front reserved for our immediate family/the people walking me down the aisle.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes we’ll have reserved front row seating for our immediate families with little signs. Other than that ours is just like Jens, we have a sign saying to pick a seat not a side...
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our seating for the ceremony are benches that fit prob four people. The first two rows on each side will be for our parents. Both sets are divorced so we want to make sure they each have their own row so they arent sitting next to eachother but are close enough not to feel left out. We will just be telling them before the wedding where to sit and the our ushers (the two groomsmen) will guide them to their reserved seating the day of.

Other then that we have a sign that says to pick a seat not a side, we're all family.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics