Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Will you have a Jack and Jill or wedding social?

Emilie, on January 18, 2017 at 12:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9

Hi everyone! How's your planning going

Are you also planning for another event just before the wedding, like an engagement party, Bachelorette, bridal shower... or Jack and Jill? Smiley winking

Will you have a Jack and Jill or wedding social?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on January 23, 2017 at 13:18
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tasha! Smiley smile A Jack and Jill is sometimes also called Stag and Doe or wedding social.The idea is to host an event and do some fundraising to contribute to your wedding expenses. You can check out other brides' ideas here: Share your ideas for your Jack and Jill!

Wedding socials

Do you think you'll host one?

• Tasha
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What does jack and Jill mean?
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emilie! Thanks for the clarification! Smiley smile Hehe yes, I do consider myself very lucky to be in Montreal! I am hoping it will be a great big party, maybe some club hopping, checking out a gay bar (Chez Mado puts on a hilarious and fun drag show where they involved future brides - I was MOH and so organized my best friend's bachelorette party last year and we went there for a bit). I think she and my sister would organize something fun for me as well! Smiley laugh I do know my best friend has been talking about Las Vegas for my bachelorette for many years, even before I was engaged haha Smiley xd

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kacy! Smiley heart Wedding social and Jack and Jill are actually different terms used in different provinces. But they're the same idea. Smiley smile Did you know that Montreal is a really popular destination for a Bachelorette party? You're lucky! What kind of Bachelorette do you think your bridal party will surprise you with? Smiley smile

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding socials are not done here at all in my province (Quebec)! As for the rest, I think our engagement party will be dinner with our direct family, bridal shower will be up to my entourage (I don't really feel the need for it) but I definitely want a bachelorette!

I would be fine with a Jack and Jill (not for the money part, more so we can celebrate with our friends) but not sure how it would go over with my friends and family lol

To me it sounds like a Jack and Jill is quite similar to a wedding social... am I wrong?

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will not. I was originally, because they are popular in my hometown, but they are frowned upon where most of my friends (and invitees) are from, so I decided against it. I was never fully comfortable with the idea anyways.

Also no shower (hopefully) but definitely will have a bachelorette

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having a jack and jill May 13th!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will not- I know in some areas they are popular, but I don't really like them.

I *might* have a shower, or do bachelor/ bacelorette parties...but so far, no!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having a wedding social which is about 116 days away! Can't wait to have it!Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics