Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Will you have a honeymoon registry??

Lynnie, on September 5, 2017 at 11:15 Posted in Honeymoon 0 13

Depending on where you're going (and for how long), honeymoons can get pricey!! Will you be setting up a honeymoon registry? Tell us why, or why not, and what site you are using!

Also make sure to check out Honeymoon Registry 101 and take our survey at the bottom of the article!!! Thanks Smiley heart

Photo from Gateway Getaways

Photo from Gateway Getaways

13 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on December 9, 2017 at 19:46
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not doing a honeymoon fund. Personally, I don't want to ask people to fund a vacation for us. Plus, most of my family and friends are pretty traditional when it comes to weddings and prefer giving gifts from the registry. We aren't even putting anything about gifts on our invitations. We might put it on our website, otherwise, we will have parents and bridal party spread the word for us where we are registered.

• Alexa
    Frequent user December 2017 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is exactly how I feel! As a guest they are awesome to use. But as a host they feel forced and awkward. Damn me and my over-thinking! Lol
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Christine! I believe that there's a fee for someone involved in all online cash registries - but check out Honeyfund, Traveler's Joy, Gift Spaces, and Flight Centre!

• C
    Beginner October 2018 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are hoping to have our honeymoon in Europe in December 2018. We have been thinking about registering, but not sure where to register. Some websites charge fees for the people who are giving the gifts. Any suggestions?

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a honeymoon registry through a company here in Thunder Bay. Everything gets put on a gift card for us, if people choose to use it, which makes it super easy to use later on when we go to book our honeymoon!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a honeymoon registry through Honeymoon Wishes and we loved it! We stayed at a Sandals resort in St. Lucia and while we paid for the accommodations ourselves, the honeymoon registry allowed us to do so many more activities than we would have been able to do on our own. We were able to go zip lining, take a land and sea adventure and have a candlelit dinner on the beach. I think it's really amazing that some of our family and friends chose to give us experiences that will last us a lifetime!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't make a honeymoon fund because we had a jack and jill, and the money we raised at that, was put towards our honeymoon!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hadnt thought about a honeymoon registry... Didnt actually know it was a thing until recently. We are hoping to spend about 2 months backpacking Europe for our honeymoon so were hoping to just ask for cash to put towards that so a honeymoon registry might be a good option!
  • Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For some reason I'm just uncomfortable with the idea of any kind of registry. I don't know why, because I have nothing against them and I actually appreciate when other people have them (for weddings, babies, etc) because then you know what they need. But for myself, I'd rather leave it up to them to give me whatever or however much they want, or nothing, no big deal. I hate setting up the expectation.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure we're having a honeymoon really but I think it's a great idea!

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren't doing a honeymoon registry as we have paid for the honeymoon already but for those who want to contribute, we are asking for travel giftcards from Trip Central because we want to travel in the coming years
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not as we couldn't decide where we will be honeymooning and for how long.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is actually what we did for my bridal shower. We live together and are lucky to have all the home essentials, so this was a way for people to give a gift they knew we would love and use! Everyone loved it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics