Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Expert June 2022 British Columbia

Will you be including a boquet and garter toss?

Hailey, on May 22, 2022 at 16:36

Posted in Wedding reception 41

The Garter toss now aways is like the boquet toss but for the gentlemen. While the groom takes the garter off the brides leg all the gents stand up and catch the garter that's thrown by the groom! Supposedly whoever catches it is next to get married! Boquet toas originated in ancient England. And...

The Garter toss now aways is like the boquet toss but for the gentlemen. While the groom takes the garter off the brides leg all the gents stand up and catch the garter that's thrown by the groom! Supposedly whoever catches it is next to get married!

Boquet toas originated in ancient England. And also was a symbol for good luck and fortune. Again like the garter toss whoever catch the bride's Boquet will be the next one to get married!
Will you be including the garter toss and Boquet toss? We will be having both of them for our wedding! My garter is blue to also act as my something blue too!

41 Comments

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhh i see, Interesting!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooooohhh that will be fun!
  • Amanda
    Beginner August 2024 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re not doing either of them we’re gonna do the shoe game instead
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did neither for our wedding. In the last few years, fewer weddings I've attended included the bouquet toss. I've only ever been to two weddings in my lifetime that did the garter toss.

• Karlie
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Karlie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did not do bouquet toss or garter Smiley smile

• Sara
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are choosing not to throw the bouquet or garter. I am not comfortable with him going up my dress in front of family/future family and it's just not something my fiancee would do. We are both older, his second marriage - so the majority of people who will be there are married or have no interest in being married again (lol), and so it won't even be missed. I will just give my bouquet away Smiley smile

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We skipped both of them! Our DJ said its the first wedding he's had in 27 years that didn't do either!
  • Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure about the bouquet toss yet but not doing the garter toss. Kinda awkward having him go up my dress in front of everyone haha
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've decided against both of these traditions. I will still be wearing a garter since it's my something blue.

Will  you be including a boquet and garter toss? 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics